My insurance nightmare - 21, 3 yrs NCB.., any advice welcome

Sweeney!

So the time has come to insure my nice new DC5
21 years old, 3 years NCB, kept on driveway, wigan postcode :( , no modifications, no claims made, 1 fixed penalty with three points

My first phone call was to sky who said they can't insure me because of where i live :(

Secondly i tried Adrian Flux who i'm currently with on a civic. They said they dont have a market for what i need due to my age

A Plan wont touch me because of my age and the engine size

Admiral are getting back to me as are Noel Dazely

Norwich Union can't insure me due to the age

and i finally got one quote, after going from broker to broker including quota marketing and high performance direct.... and an insurance group called 'saver' will insure me for £3400

I was like, How Much?! :shock:

So please, if anyone has any advice of where i can go. I've looked through all the posts in the insurance section and think i've tried most decent companies. If anyone knows where i can get a cheaper quote from i would much appreciate it

Thank You

cup_66

Advanced Member
Good luck mate! your gonna need it,i shopped around for insurance for about 6months before i found someone that was willing! and that was a sister company of andrian flux,its gonna be expensive!

Sweeney!

Tell me something i dont know mate lol, i knew it would be expensive but its just ridiculos. i'l keep trying. ive got till the end of the month to find one so still got time

LeeH

Advanced Member
You've got Bob Hope of getting it under 2K I would say mate.

I don't want to sound a cnut.......but just buy a sh1tter for a few years like the rest of us did. At the end of the day they are big boys toys and paying 2K on insurance will be a big regret for you in the future.

Good-luck anyhow.

Lee

Sweeney!

Mate, i'd be happy to pay 2k, sounds like a good price compared to the quotes i've been getting :). I won't regret it in the future either mate, for a DC5 i'm willing to pay it. i paid 2k for my first car and that was a mini and i never looked back. I've just accepted that with my age and the car i have, i will be paying a lot of money and i've made the descission.

Also, the cars bought and was bought knowing how much i would be paying for insurance but theres nothing wrong with shopping around :)

Admiral are getting back to me as are noel Dazley so fingers crossed

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
LeeH said:
You've got Bob Hope of getting it under 2K I would say mate.

I don't want to sound a cnut.......but just buy a sh1tter for a few years like the rest of us did. At the end of the day they are big boys toys and paying 2K on insurance will be a big regret for you in the future.

Good-luck anyhow.

Lee
as above mate. pretty much everyone on here is insured with one of the companies you have already mentioned, and that is because thats where the cheaper premiums are to be found.

3 grand is a stupid amount to pay in insurance IMO, no matter what the car!! I hope you do get a cheaper quote, but i dont think it will be any where near reasonable.

LeeH

Advanced Member
2 years @ 2 K...............you do the maths.

That will be 1/2 the cost of a tidy DC5 in 2 years time. Its dead money, box clever.

Sweeney!

You only live once. I have my dream car at 21. Im over the moon and nothing can ruin it. I can appreciate what your saying and i do agree with you to a certain extent. I think insurance is dead money and i agree, i could wait a couple of years if i wanted to. As long as i'm prepared to pay the fees then thats all that matters. Im hoping to keep this car for a good 5 years at least and i've got myself a real minter. The premiums will fall over time :)

I don't want to start an argument or anything like that, just advice of where to get cheaper insurance.

Surely someone on here will agree that the benefit of owning a DC5 outweighs the cost of insurance......anyone?

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
Sweeney! said:
Im over the moon and nothing can ruin it... As long as i'm prepared to pay the fees then thats all that matters...
then dont come on here moaning about high premiums, you only live once so go for it...

Sweeney!

[/quote]then dont come on here moaning about high premiums, you only live once so go for it...[/quote]

Mate, i've not moaned once. I've merely explained my process so far so people can maybe advise me better. i only came for a bit of advice not to have a winge. I've remained remarkably positive on this whole thread. i'm not moaning in the slightest mate

Sweeney!

Hindley Green mate. Could be nicer but not as bad as some of the places. Not too far away from yourself :)

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
i dont want to sound funny but you must have realised that at 21 buying a 220bhp, imported, insurance group 20 car was not going to be cheap to insure.

all the companies that give the cheaper quotes have refused to insure you. did you do any research into insurance costs before you bought the car?

just so you know, i was 22 when i bought my dc5, so im not gona give you the "young drivers ad fast cars" speech, but i knew how much my insurance was going to be, and who i was getting it off before i bought the car.

Stonehead21

Advanced Member
Yes could be far worse mate :D was up that end the other day as i have a friend that lives in hindley! I got an excellent quote from noel dazely wen i enquired about a DC5 so im sure they will be able to help you out!

Sweeney!

Yeah i've submitted a quote online to noel dazley and it said they would contact me in the next working day so i'll probably hear of them tomorow. I think my rents might of seen you the other day you know mate, coming through west Leigh. Is your teg white mate. They were well shocked when they saw it because they'd never seen another one before lol

Stonehead21

Advanced Member
Nope mate wasnt me ive not even got my teg yet am still trying to sell my current two cars before i have the space to buy one! :( I never bother with the online quotes they are usually rubbish i like to talk to a person means they cant ignore what im asking

cup_66

Advanced Member
Fair play to you mate,if its what you want, go for it. I was in the exact same position as what your in now,this time last year. Although i was 20! I got my insurance for £1900 but now i'm a year older and wiser although the integra is a fantasic car i dont know weather i can justify my insurance renewal!

Thats why she is in the for sale section :cry:

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
On a personal note I think your mental, why would you want to spend that kind of money on insurance is beyond me. :roll:

Hope you have enough left for all the other expenses that go with a DC5.

Sweeney!

lol, thanks for the replies. its a shame you've put yours up for sale mate
Cup_66 - who did you go with mate when you got a 1900 quote.