My Insurance Renewal

Ezza

Advanced Member
So its time for my renewal in August so I thought I would start calling around for some quotes with my stats below:

27 Yr
5 NCB
10,000 miles
Good Rate post code
Declared Mods: Spoon catback, gruppe M, Kpro, tinted windows, Re-sprayed OEM alloys, carbon bonnet.
No convictions
1 small bump in March 09 which was claimed under insurance and but withdrew the claim (No evidence to pursue 100% fault onto the other party) was paid out from my own pocket with a small compensation fee from the other party.

Anyway, first up was Tett Hamilton who quoted me £595.95 Fully Comp with protected no claims which I thought was too bad! I expected to pay around £600. I then gave Luke at Sky Insurance a call who was fantastic to deal with and knew all about the mods and quoted me £571 but could do me a deal for £530 on the day. I didn‘t take up on this offer as I wanted to see what my current insurance company A Plan could offer before making any decisions.

So I finally got round to calling A plan today who quoted me £518.00 Fully Comp with protected no claims :eek: :green: !!!! I was more than satisfied with this quote and proceeded to renew my insurance with A Plan (Insurance was with QBE).

However, in terms of service wise I think Sky provided the best service out of the 3 companies as Luke clearly knew about the Integra and its mods etc. Although I chose to renew my insurance with A Plan, I still felt that Sky were good competitor but unfortunately for them I have been insured with A Plan for the past 3 years and they just beat the SKY Quote.

sky insurance

Advanced Member
Ezza said:
However, in terms of service wise I think Sky provided the best service out of the 3 companies as Luke clearly knew about the Integra and its mods etc. Although I chose to renew my insurance with A Plan, I still felt that Sky were good competitor but unfortunately for them I have been insured with A Plan for the past 3 years and they just beat the SKY Quote.
Thank you, I have passed this on to Luke and his line manager.

Kind regards

Ollie
SKy Insurance

Ezza

Advanced Member
No worries to be honest i would have joined SKY had i not been with A Plan for the past 3 years! I guess im just lazy to change the documents over, even if Skys quote was a little bit more than A Plan i would have still joined 8)