My new baby (small problem please HELP)

P15UL T

Advanced Member
hi all, the day finally came and i took the plunge to hand over my hard earned cash for my new car.
I decided to buy the car that M9 JOC had for sale as it was standard and only 13000 miles on a 2002 for £14000.
it was suppose to be the most exciting time and had built it up in my head for ages but there was so much that went wrong that by the time i got home i was exhusted :(
after hiring a van i couldnt get a trailer then next day i got the trailer and couldnt get a van (seemingly a van with a tow bar is like gold dust ) so eventually got a loan of my mates showgun and made the 200 mile trip.
so up north was snow land with blizzards and ice which made the journey home a little bit hazardous.
next day i got home from my work and cleaned it all as it was covered in road grime.
so onto my little problem: when i started to clean out the inside i noticed that the drivers mat was wet, no big problem right......wrong! when i lifted up the mat the floor was wet, so i assumed that because of the weather that wet feet caused it and started to soak up the water with kitchen roll. half a roll later the water was still coming through and thought S***.
so i proceeded to remove the carpets and sills of my pride and joy to find that the under side or the floor was soaking and the insulation was dripping wet. i quickly got a bucket and sponge and soaked out 2 litres of water. gutted is and under statement. i left it with towels and kitchen roll over night and checked it this morning to find that it was dryed up.
checked it tonight and there was a small amount of water seeking in, got the torch out and looked for holes, stripped out more of the interior and couldnt find out where it was coming from.
got the hose out and sprayed the bonnet of the car and the and the water started to piss in to the inside, sourced the problem to be water dripping down the wheel arch and though a 1" hole directly behind the side reapeter. i guess this hole shoud have a plug in it as the is one next to it that has.
if and one could check for me that would be grand, you can see it quite clearly if you pop out the side repeater.
if anyone could source me the soloution i would be most gratful
cant drive the car for 2 weeks till i get it registered and taxed cant wait
cheers guys

dobber

Advanced Member
Ahh mate gutted for you, though by the sounds of it its only a simple fix so not to bad. I'd be tempted to pump in a bit of silicone rubber to fill the hole.

Bet you cant wait to get it on the road and drive it properly, its well worth the wait i can tell you, only had mine since Saturday 8) :D

T666YPR

That's gonna be a bitch to dry out in this weather :(

Had a look on the RSX parts database but not sure which bit you are missing.

gsrgeoff

Advanced Member
What a bummer - bad start to your DC5 ownership, I was also interested in that car !
2 days and counting for mine (not letting anymore out of the bag until the week-end) !!

P15UL T

Advanced Member
LOL is was about to go out tonight and put silicone in it until the missus said that the house work was needing doing, so perhaps tomorrow. :(
it is all dried up now and cause it is all sripped out any water that does get in get soaked up in a towel that i have in place.
i cant wait to drive it :D , couple of weeks i reckon till i get it registered and taxed.
front bumper need attention so it will give me time to sort it out.
any help with the plug that i need to fill the hole ?????

T666YPR

Dave from Steels Honda has some info for you.

Check your PM :D

Top bloke is Dave 8)

Simon

P.S. Looks like No.22

P15UL T

Advanced Member
cheers guys, always forget to check my pm's :oops:
i'll try to figure which one(s) are missing and get back to you