My new DC5! :D

JunFan

Hi all!

Not had my DC5 long, so thought I'd say hi and tell my story (sorry!)

Well, I joined this forum a month or so ago as a change in circumstances meant that I was looking for a new car. As a bit of a 'toy' I bought a '95 Prelude - I loved it to bits, and spent quite a bit on it (carbon bonnet,boot, buddy club wheels/chair etc) - had a full respray, the works! Then, some silly old sod decided to side swipe me and that was that. The damage wasn't that bad, but long story short, the insurance classed it as a write-off. As I had 2 cars ( a pug and the lude) I wanted to sell both and get 1 car :) I looked at DC2's when originally looking at Preludes, and loved them to bits, so thought 'sod it...why not go for a DC5!'. I contacted some of the big importers/dealers, and most were pretty helpful - I was after a NH black, most likely pre-facelift considering my budget. However, I spotted an ad on Piston Heads for a black one that was going to be shipped over in a few days. The dealer was Pan-East Asia Services London (PEAS!) so I rang the guy straight up. The guys name was Michael - and I arranged to view the black one, he also said he had a silver..never liked silver cars, but thought I'd have a look anyway. Turns out Michael has a close working relationship with Power Engineering in Uxbridge. I'd taken my lude here, and Iain at PE was amazing...so I was happy before I'd even seen the car. So turn up, and see the silver car parked up, Michael turned up shortly after in the black one. Now, I'm always pretty wary with salesman(!) but Michael is an absolute legend! I went out in both cars, he knows his stuff (not like one I went to see in hemel :? ) and he was just a really nice guy. I originally went to look (and to be honest..buy!) the black...but next to the silver, it just looked boring! (sorry!)I was shocked myself, as had never liked silver cars, but the DC5 looks sooo good in silver :p After much talking, I settled on the silver - then came the process of DVLA reg etc. I can't stress enough how brilliant the service I received from Michael was - not a day went by when he wouldn't ring me to say what was going on - there were a few paint chips, so got them sorted, got Iain@PE to set up all the suspension and get it rolling roaded. I wanted a really nice alarm installed, so Michael sorted all that as well! He really was top notch :) and as a Xmas present (got the car just before) what did I find..a parcel shelf in the boot! I know this must sound like I'm getting paid to write this, but I can't rate Michael and Iain at Power enough, and the service I received. Most reviews on here seem to be of the bigger importers, but I would recommend Michael to anyone looking to buy a DC5 or other import...in fact my brother has already bought an R32 Skyline GTR off him...so that's all being sorted now!

Anyway, sorry that was so long! Loving every second of my DC5 - am back over in Power to get a kakimoto exhaust tested courtesy of Michael and Iain very soon, cos the standard one is just a little bit too tame! Just realised the pics are MAHOOSIVE...but without re-sizing, they'll have to do for now!

Cheers (if you got this far!)

Michaels website : peas-london.co.uk
Power engineering : powerengineering.co.uk

dotty

Advanced Member
Nice one, If you resize using http://imageshack.us it would make the thread easier to read and the photos more viewable (resize to 17 in monitor, then copy and paste the URL where it says "hotlink for forums (1)" )

tron2k3

Advanced Member
looks tidy 8) and big :lol:

Never realised you could get the facelifts in silver :?:

JohnnyC

Looks good (for a facelift :D )

Facelifts got the same colour options as the pre-facelift IIRC.

JunFan

Cheers guys - they were taken on an N95, so not the best pics :( I'll try and get my girlfriend to take some decent ones, and stick them in the gallery :D

Cheers for the resize Dotty - I'll host the pics on there in future.

'looks good for a facelift'....haha...very good!!

I know some people have kept their Gathers HU, does anyone know how to change the time!?!? I've done a search - but can't find anything.

Suped

Advanced Member
Gorgeous mate. Seen this a few times sitting opposite PE a few times and love the facelift in silver. Only thing that put me off was the price tag and how long it was sitting there for.

Good luck with the ownership, definately a beauty mate. :lol: