My new Teg, couple of issues....

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Topgeezer said:
I dont think the UK EP3 has LSD not sure if the JDM EP3 has though.

T.G.
you are correct the UK ep3 does not have an LSD, but im not convinced that an LSD should make the car move sideways when moving in an almost straight line at highish speeds.

MaxJ

Advanced Member
I‘ve just had geo setup and four new Eagle F1‘s in the last 6 months, and I have to fight a bit to stay in a straight line in VTEC, especially on wet roads.

As has been said, I‘ve always put it down to the difference of driving with an LSD. My sister‘s boyfriend who drives Jaguar R‘s on a daily basis had a blast in the Inty other day and loved it. He did though comment on how much you actually have to drive it (especially in VTEC) compared to newer, far more refined cars – although that‘s kind of obvious.

Edit – Mine track perfectly straight when accelerating normally and while cruising on flat roads

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Mine actually does the same thing which is why i asked for all the specs, im running quite an aggressive geo with toe out at the front, my front control arm bushes and trailing arm bushes are also shot.

On the motorway it tracks pretty straight on hard accelleration but on normal bumpy roads around town its a right pain, DC5's are also known for a bit of tramlining though.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
hmm interesting feedback guys, never knew this could happen, will have to take it out a bit more and get used to it!

i think i will get the geo looked at when i get a bit of work done to it anyway.

the buddyclub coilovers are a bit too harsh for my liking. i wouldnt mind swapping them for OEM shocks with spoon springs or something.

i have eibach pro kit 30mm springs from my ep3, will these fit on dc5 springs? would then put the buddyclubs up for sale

edit: i also have a set of new HEL braided brake lines from my ep3, will these fit the dc5?

cheers

MaxJ

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
you are correct the UK ep3 does not have an LSD, but im not convinced that an LSD should make the car move sideways when moving in an almost straight line at highish speeds.
It will. It kind of grabs at each wheel in a way – which is why it happens in VTEC when torque increases.

I had an Afla Romeo before the Teg running a similar Torsen type diff and it suffered from the same kind of thing, albeit not as aggressively.

[SIZE=11pt]A lot will depend on your individual setup though too. Once you start modifying a car you can‘t really compare it to other people‘s.[/SIZE]

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
hmm interesting feedback guys, never knew this could happen, will have to take it out a bit more and get used to it!

i think i will get the geo looked at when i get a bit of work done to it anyway.

the buddyclub coilovers are a bit too harsh for my liking. i wouldnt mind swapping them for OEM shocks with spoon springs or something.

i have eibach pro kit 30mm springs from my ep3, will these fit on dc5 springs? would then put the buddyclubs up for sale
I would wait until the roads are in better shape before giving it the beans.....Nice dry un salty roads ;)
Hard to do when you've just got the car but hey ho.
T.G.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Topgeezer said:
I would wait until the roads are in better shape before giving it the beans.....Nice dry un salty roads ;)
Hard to do when you've just got the car but hey ho.
T.G.
haha very true!

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Ep3 lines wont fit.

even on oem springs the ride is pretty harsh. Depends what your used to though. Eibach pro kit actually feel less harsh than oem.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I'd get all your suspension components checked. Get it up on a ramp, wheels off and see if anything is damaged or worn.

If it's all ok, take it for another geometry setup somewhere decent that knows what they're doing such as TGM, TDI North, Grinspeed etc.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
cheers cali

maxvr6 said:
Dont the N+ have adjustable damping? Cant soften it up anymore?
apparently you can, but i dont have the adjusters...

Crazylegs said:
I'd get all your suspension components checked. Get it up on a ramp, wheels off and see if anything is damaged or worn.

If it's all ok, take it for another geometry setup somewhere decent that knows what they're doing such as TGM, TDI North, Grinspeed etc.
yep will be taking it do TDI or Area Motorsport when ive got some cash!

my insurance for the ep3 was £400, gone up to £700 for the teg! at least i saved £50 on tax haha

Ciarandeery1

Advanced Member
lovely car! my clutch went recently, well release bearing youll know yourself it its going no matter how un mechanically minded you are. if your selling the buddyclubs id be interested.

Lukeyboi89

Advanced Member
Ciarandeery1 said:
lovely car! my clutch went recently, well release bearing youll know yourself it its going no matter how un mechanically minded you are. if your selling the buddyclubs id be interested.
yeah very true, you need ot budget, its ok for the moment, probably just needs adjusting like it did on the ep3.

will decide on the buddyclubs on the next month or so mate

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
I have spoon springs, oem shocks with FRSU and it really imrpoved the drive, great for daily and fast road

thrashermax

Lovely looking car and good price. Hope you sort out the niggles so that you can enjoy 100%... I guess all second hand cars need some care when first bought.

My insurance on my new teg is more than my CSL M3!

p1tse

Advanced Member
thrashermax said:
Lovely looking car and good price. Hope you sort out the niggles so that you can enjoy 100%... I guess all second hand cars need some care when first bought.

My insurance on my new teg is more than my CSL M3!
That's just crazy on the insurance you need to shop around.

As for the steering, I too am getting used to it as am new owner too

Its more on bends and uneven surface, where a friend was trying to explain it as maybe "bump steer"

But take it steady and get to know it, but sounds like you've given it some beans early doors

thrashermax

Re insurance, I went to A plan and greenlight.. They both came out at £429. I paid £289 for the M3 with LV. They said its because its an import, I wasn't impressed... 360bhp to 220bhp and £140 more!

I'm surprised of the jump from civic EP3 to DC5 though for Lukeyboi89!

FireDance

Advanced Member
Lukeyboi89 said:
right i have had a look at the break fluid, the reservoir is about half full and its VERY dark, i think new fluid time..

another question, will ep3 wheels fit the dc5, if so is it a straight fit or are spacers needed? i ask because my ep3 wheels have new wet weather tyres so wouldnt mind these on the 5 for a bit, also wouldnt mind seeing what they look like haha.

and vice versa, will the dc5 wheels fit the ep3 and are spacers required?

cheers
Yes they will fit, I ran my EP3 wheels for a time. I really liked the look of them on the DC5

DC5 wheels won't fit an EP3 I am afraid

FireDance

Advanced Member
If you do a search, all the questions you have asked have been asked before (I did this also as I wanted to know what I could sell from my garage or put on the DC!!)

Also, on a side note, you have asked someone to swap exhausts.To get the noise you will need to look at something like a DC Sports or a Skunk2. Most of the rest are quiet on town driving. The DC has less sound proofing than a UKDM EP3 so it will be louder in the cab than your EP3. You might want to consider this when choosing an exhaust.

Also look in the exhaust section as there is a link in there to all the exhausts on You Tube. That is very helpful.