My old car

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hey folks, hope everyone is well.

Just seeing if anyone is on here who may have my old DC5?

I sold it a while back but the lad had to sell it on almost immediately, just wondering if anyone bought it and if they're on here.

Kenz

Advanced Member

Going through your old posts, I'm presuming that this is your old car? Currently for sale on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
More to the point, when are you getting another? :)
Ha ha next year hopefully buddy. :)

Kenz said:

Going through your old posts, I'm presuming that this is your old car? Currently for sale on eBay.

That's the one mate.

You got a link for the ad as I can't find the car on Ebay.

Can't believe it's for sale again, that will potentially be the 4th owner in the space of half a year. Gutted.

Patch_teg said:
I agree. It's been quiet in the forum without you :)

Says it has kpro in advert?
Thanks Patch, I'm missing the car and missing the forum too. :(

It didn't have KPRO when I had it (AFAIK) but then again I never pulled the ECU out to check.

Kenz

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Ha ha next year hopefully buddy. :)

That's the one mate.

You got a link for the ad as I can't find the car on Ebay.

Can't believe it's for sale again, that will potentially be the 4th owner in the space of half a year. Gutted.

Thanks Patch, I'm missing the car and missing the forum too. :(

It didn't have KPRO when I had it (AFAIK) but then again I never pulled the ECU out to check.

That's the item number mate

nsxer

Advanced Member
cannot believe the number of owners it has had since you sold it ... very bizzare

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
nsxer said:
cannot believe the number of owners it has had since you sold it ... very bizzare
Me neither, the only thing it needed doing when I sold it was the CV joint on the passenger side. I could never get to the bottom of it, the car was spot on apart from that.

I know it's not mine anymore but it seems it's just being driven to sh*t and sold on which kind of makes me sad.

nsxer

Advanced Member
i would feel the exact same way mate :(

just cant believe the number of change hands ... clearly people are either having issues with the car or cannot afford to run it.

crazy

p1tse

Advanced Member
Off topic
But when looking I've noticed many examples having high number of owners

WraithPriest

Advanced Member
nsxer said:
clearly people are either having issues with the car or cannot afford to run it.

crazy
See, I don't understand, these things are pretty much dirt cheap to run servicing wise etc. And at least one of the owners had reasonable money to spend if it's now KPro'd

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
nsxer said:
i would feel the exact same way mate :(

just cant believe the number of change hands ... clearly people are either having issues with the car or cannot afford to run it.

crazy
Me neither, there was certainly nothing wrong with it when I had it. I know any car can develop issues over time but it's very odd.

Could well be a running costs issue. I really struggled to run it but still managed to for 3 years or so but it was difficult.

Patch_teg said:
Off topic
But when looking I've noticed many examples having high number of owners
Of course but mine has switched hands loads in a short space of time, really odd.

WraithPriest said:
See, I don't understand, these things are pretty much dirt cheap to run servicing wise etc. And at least one of the owners had reasonable money to spend if it's now KPro'd
Good point, does make you wonder why it's being sold on so quickly unless they've thrashed the boll*cks off it, haven't maintained it and something major has gone engine wise.

Kenz

Advanced Member
I saw the car for sale a few months ago on Facebook being sold on by a young chap, he commented saying the only reason he had to sell was because the insurance was ridiculously high. Something I presume we would all check before buying a car....

nsxer

Advanced Member
insurance is ludicrous for this car ... and certainly when test driving perhaps owners got caught in the moment and did not think about financials!
it happens

WraithPriest

Advanced Member
muffinman said:
Likewise, the dc5 was no more expensive to insure than an ep3
It was actually £140 less than the Mark 3 Astra 1.4 I was driving before it.

How the fuck did they work that out? Haha

nsxer

Advanced Member
jeez i am 43 and have been driving perf cars for years and my quote with GL is insane. they did say if year free from any hassles i should see a pretty good drop