My old car

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
antisanta said:
Kpro but no mention of a remap? Weird.

Guess its sold again now?

Get a Black one next time Marc. :)
Yes was thinking the same, hints of bull*hit hmmmmmmmmm.

I do like them in black but think CW is better but a few around. Black is a lot rarer.

Will see how things pan out next year, would love to come back to the fold. How's the K20 DC2 build getting along mate?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I think insurance plays a big part in why these cars can change hands quite often. It also depends on the buyer and type of driver, I owned my last Evo IX for about 6 months and then sold it, nothing to do with anything apart from that I never gelled with it and I didn't find it that much fun (or cheap) on track.

nsxer

Advanced Member
Black is the BEST COLOUR ... was my preference then Arctic Blue. White is just so common and I appreciate why that is.

I would agree ownership is largely around financing the car - insurance potentail run costs (i.e. vtec'ing all the time, mod costs) and yes actually getting to grips with the car. knowing how to get the best out of an n/a high reving car takes concentration and driver focus and people nowadays dont want to drive cars they want instant power delivery etc.

lots of reasons but still shocked at amount of times this car has chenged in such a short period of time

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
Think I spoke to you Marc about the first guy who had it as he lives near me, he'd insured it wrong and the insurance revoked the policy after realizing they're mistake (or that's what he told me) Doubt he would of kept it long anyways as think he's had about 6 other cars since then! I know he didn't Kpro it think he only had it for a month wore the brake pads down a bit and sold it on. Did see it up for sale on Facebook the other day Shame to see it get passed about so much and the price steadily decreasing with each owner :(

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Bad times, no idea how he's managed to cook the brakes.

It had Hawk HP+ pads on and I used to give them a pounding and they were fine.

It's really annoyed me tbh as I cared for that car quite a lot. I know it was a struggle to run but I always maintained it when I could and kept it clean. It was immaculate when I sold it to him.

The car itself deserves a better life really.

:(

AneesR

Hi,

I know I am new, but I am not new to Honda's! I am a Honda S2000 owner, thats looking to add some FWD action to my life! lol Fancy a more forgiving car that can be used on road/track so I am looking to get an Integra DC5.

I have inquired about this car and am going to view it this week after the current owner sends me some pictures of the underneath, wheel arches, bonnet, bulk head etc to see what the rust situation is like. The last post about problems with the car has me concerned however - what was wrong with it? When I spoke to the current owner he just said the car wasn't for him and that he wanted to get a VXR instead.

The seat bolster looks badly worn too, which I know is a common fault. I read about a repair kit? Can someone please help with a link?

Thanks
Anees

Darren4

Advanced Member
AneesR said:
Hi,

I know I am new, but I am not new to Honda's! I am a Honda S2000 owner, thats looking to add some FWD action to my life! lol Fancy a more forgiving car that can be used on road/track so I am looking to get an Integra DC5.

I have inquired about this car and am going to view it this week after the current owner sends me some pictures of the underneath, wheel arches, bonnet, bulk head etc to see what the rust situation is like. The last post about problems with the car has me concerned however - what was wrong with it? When I spoke to the current owner he just said the car wasn't for him and that he wanted to get a VXR instead.

The seat bolster looks badly worn too, which I know is a common fault. I read about a repair kit? Can someone please help with a link?

Thanks
Anees
Regarding the seat you can get the new bolster from capital seating and a guide for the fix the seat is here:

http://www.itr-dc5.club/forum/index.php?/topic/14397-how-to-replace-recaro-seat-bolster-guide/

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
AneesR said:
Hi,

Thanks
Anees
Hi Anees,

I was the first UK owner of this car when it was imported to the UK back in 2013. I am in work at the moment and I don't have internet at home at present so I will try and respond properly re the car on my lunch break for you.

I will explain better later but when I sold the car it was fine apart from a persistent issue with the passenger side CV joint. Now I can't speak for the other owners (2 since I sold it) so other things may have happened with the car since I sold it.

I will provide more info for you later on mate.

Many thanks.

Marc

AneesR

Hi Marc,

That is really appreciated! :)

Its reasons like this I that I love forums and the community around them.

Anees

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
AneesR said:
Hi Marc,

That is really appreciated! :)

Its reasons like this I that I love forums and the community around them.

Anees
You're welcome, I will try and PM you later on.

:)

AneesR

Thanks to Marc (Crazylegs) so much for his time and help. I am pleased to say that I bought the car today! :xgrin: Its needs few little bits doing to it, but its a really nice clean example and most importantly for me the body is rust free and the car very clean.

I got the current owner to send me pictures of the body from underneath before I even bothered with anything else - when I saw how clean it was I was prepared to over look any slight issues because I know how hard it is to get a good clean example with reasonable mileage too.

Here are some phone pics of the underneath that were sent to me:

The car drives really well - very similar to a standard Honda S2000 actually (which I suppose is no surprise!). The wheels could do with touching up, seat bolster needs a repair and there is a slight knocking noise going over bumps which I'll get investigated (probably anti-roll bar drop links) but overall not bad at all and it will get the TLC it deserves. I'll start a separate thread introducing myself but I can get quite obsessive with my cars so I've got to avoid getting too carried away with mods! lol

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
AneesR said:
Thanks to Marc (Crazylegs) so much for his time and help. I am pleased to say that I bought the car today! :xgrin: Its needs few little bits doing to it, but its a really nice clean example and most importantly for me the body is rust free and the car very clean.

I got the current owner to send me pictures of the body from underneath before I even bothered with anything else - when I saw how clean it was I was prepared to over look any slight issues because I know how hard it is to get a good clean example with reasonable mileage too.

Here are some phone pics of the underneath that were sent to me:

The car drives really well - very similar to a standard Honda S2000 actually (which I suppose is no surprise!). The wheels could do with touching up, seat bolster needs a repair and there is a slight knocking noise going over bumps which I'll get investigated (probably anti-roll bar drop links) but overall not bad at all and it will get the TLC it deserves. I'll start a separate thread introducing myself but I can get quite obsessive with my cars so I've got to avoid getting too carried away with mods! lol
Awesome Anees! I'm glad you went for it, it is a really good car. It's certainly not perfect as I mentioned to you via PM but it has a lot going for it with loads of potential.

What are your plans for it? Hopefully the car can now get the attention and love it deserves and is cared for, you seem a like a decent person who will look after it.

nsxer

Advanced Member
thats fantastic!
great to see its finally found an owner that will appreciate it and give it what it deserves
good man

p1tse

Advanced Member
Congrats and Enjoy

Does it have a kpro? Does vtec come in earlier or Rev higher?

AneesR

Thanks guys!

VTEC kicks in at the same as standard - around 5800rpm but it has launch control (which I've tried!!)

My plan would be to pic up an exhaust header to compliment the exhaust and intake it already has and get the KPro map tweaked (and also checked to ensure it is running as expected). I'd probably go to Chris @EFI who is well known on the S2000 owners club and knows his Honda's. A few of my friends have used him with the Hondata ECU so he seems like he would be a good bet. Not much else can be done power-wise unless I go forced induction which is not something I'd want to consider in the fwd Integra - plus I just want the car to be a reliable car that I can use on road/occasional track.

The car will get tidied up cosmetically, the seat bolsters, I'm going to order a pair for the drivers seat and I might consider some other wheels or maybe even some hub centric spacers - the standard wheels are too far inside the arches and the car doesn't have the presence I would like because of it- but I wouldn't want to spoil the handling. The other thing to consider is suspension - I am going to see how I get on with it - if I have the budget I might look at some Meister R Coilovers.

So lots to do that will keep me busy! There doesn't seem a newbie intro section on the forum where I can properly introduce myself since I don't want to take this thread too far off topic! lol

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Standard these cars gave a stationary rev limit (some call "launch control") so check you do actually have a kpro first. Look for a usb connection on the ecu. :)

Enjoy the car though mate, :) welcome