andyd

Advanced Member
:shock: :shock: :shock:

mine u i did find a Turbo kit on ebay for a DC5 for $850 :shock:

Andy

dan the man

Advanced Member
what a shame for the new owner :shock:

thought that car was sorted... anyone who is forced should be heeding the warnings maybe :|

mikegsi

Staff member
jeez, mind if god intended type r's to be turbo'd he would have made them so..............

still not a nice thing, i know how id be feeling

Wootty

Advanced Member
Chuck Rusty said:
Changed my order already, scrapping the emange ultimate going with the KPro, so many maps!!
Was that you on the phone to Guy Yesterday then :D Was someone with a Turbo and the Greddy Emanage and Guy was convincing them to go with the K-pro.

Chuck Rusty

Teg back today. Thanks to Japerformance for letting me spend loads of money. 326hp down tuned from a possible 360hp!!! Unbelievable! :D For all those who want proof, buy Fast and Modified. My car will be in it. Japerformance open day on the 9th with F&M.

Tarmac

Advanced Member
326 ponies! well done - congrats on the monster! what ponies is it putting out at the wheels now?

User

Advanced Member
Well I've got to say two things - firstly, fair play for having the balls to go for it, you must be over the moon and I bet it's an absolute rocket.

Secondly though - I really dont think it's going to last. I hope it all stays together, but I just can't see it myself. Genuinely hope you have no trouble though, honestly.

Vids man - get us some vids up!

8)

Yambo

Advanced Member
326 bhp - WOW! But surely its not going to last long?!

Thats 1.5 times over the standard BHP, which in my opinion is ridiculous on such a small block but I bet its AWESOME, I wanna go :D

Well done that man, is it gonna be purely a track car? What oil are you using in such a beast, I wouldn't know whether to use the thinnest or thickest to get the oil everywhere!!!!

Chuck Rusty

Engine internals etc are being worked on next so I can use the whole 360hp next. Away again on the 5th for another 5 weeks

I was advised that the power output might be slightly too high for the internals but I wanted it at 320ish and are looking into upgrading the internals.

Its f'ing scary at the moment

truffs

I know how that used to feel :lol: did you go with the Turbo :?: sorry just read the post 8)

martin200

Advanced Member
Nice one mate, thats awesome :)

I will send you a PM later on, we can exchange notes. Welcome to the exclusive FI DC5 club 8)

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Just to help a little / advice:

1) What EGT are you running ?
2) Is an Oil cooler fitted ?
3) Has the Oil system been upgraded ?

Until you have internal work done.... think about lowering your boost level..... 9Psi will kill a K20A engine......

Mike

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Just a little extra....

If your internal work is going to include lining the block... there is only one UK based Co that can atm line a K series engine correctly (I do not know the name btw, but they do a lot of F1 engine stuff)...

Hence, why my block would have been sent to the US, as it would have been the cheaper lining option....

Mike