My Vtec Solenoid Doesnt Have an Oil Pressure Switch

gaza4

Advanced Member
there is/was a small oil leak at the back of my head. i figured it was either the vtec solenoid gasket or the oil pressure switch o-ring so i ordered both from Honda. Parts were searched and ordered through my VIN number so all should be correct.

from looking around online on how to do the job i was expecting to have to remove 2 electrical connectors and that the solenoid assembly would look like this

however there was only one electrical connection and my solenoid unit looks like this

so this raises a few questions for me. where is my oil pressure switch? and why did hondas database from my VIN number show a unit like the first pic above? is it possible at some stage my car was modified to run a different type of solenoid?

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
Oil pressure switch should sit just below where the solenoid comes off.
I took mine off a week or so ago, ha e a new gasket to go on just havnt had time

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

gaza4

Advanced Member
bxlyheathsupra said:
Oil pressure switch should sit just below where the solenoid comes off.
I took mine off a week or so ago, ha e a new gasket to go on just havnt had time

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
well thats definitely there!!! any chance you have a part number hand for that gasket?

any idea why there is no oil switch on my solenoid like in the first picture?

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
K20A doesn't have a VTEC oil pressure switch.

K20A2 does, so if you've got 2 electrical connections to the vtec solenoid, you've got the wrong engine......

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

gaza4

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
K20A doesn't have a VTEC oil pressure switch.

K20A2 does, so if you've got 2 electrical connections to the vtec solenoid, you've got the wrong engine......

Ah thanks, that answers my question!!!

skengdR

Advanced Member
very interesting , is there any other way to check if you have the correct engine ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
skengdR said:
very interesting , is there any other way to check if you have the correct engine ?

Engine number one the front? :)

skengdR

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
Engine number one the front? :)

lol , Ill take a look at mine later . Id cry if I have the wrong one .

Thanks Johngreen