My worst nightmare happened (freak accident)

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
Well lads was out in the car on friday and just heading back to my house and this happened

Turned off the motorway at my exit and there was a van in front of me, just as we were on the middle of the roundabout all i seen was white paint coming my way
The vans back door popped open and a full can of gloss white paint fell out bursting right in front of me :xrealangry:

I ended up driving straight over it and it sprayed the whole way up the passenger side of the 5

The Bonnet,wheels,tyres,windows, wheel arches, wing, door, quarter panel even the bloody spoiler were splashed like a job brencivic would do on a rocker cover, i nearly cried when i got out and seen it

Lucky i was only 2 minutes from my house and went straight at it trying to remove it

Eventually after 2 hours of hardship and every drop of white spirits i could get my hands on i got it all off thank god

It could have been a lot worse and it didnt do any damage, spent the weekend detailing it

Next time im behind a van i will certainly be keeping my distance :xlol:

The van driver was totally oblivious to what had happened and kept going i'd say he only noticed when he got to his destination and seen he'd no paint!

My mate tried to make a joke about it saying that he knew i always wanted a CW teg

My question is have any of yous ever encountered freak accidents like this on your journeys???

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Guessing you didn't take the time out to take a photo then lol ? Glad you got it off though.

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
Guessing you didn't take the time out to take a photo then lol ? Glad you got it off though.
Have one picture on my phone i'l throw it up tomorrow lol

Had to get some proof because if somebody told me that story i would laugh at them :xgrin:

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
This sort of thing happened to me aswell last year when i drove to skye with my Ex girlfriend. We went out for a day in the five and parked in a carpark to take some pictures. In the carpark was a small puddle of yellow road paint. Didn't even know until we looked at the pictures afterwards, drove for 2 hours before i even knew it happened when we stopped to get some food when we got home, got really lucky in that the paint dried in small blobs that could easily be picked off.

Was pretty gutted though :xaiweb3:

H105Daz

Advanced Member
Paint no, but I have dodged or ran over blocks of wood and a double mattress on the M5... thankfully not yet in the '5

firthy22

Advanced Member
Bummer, I admire your endeavour and determination in removing the paint and detailing it so quickly, I doubt I would have had the heart.

W 70M C

Advanced Member
lad to hear its all sorted mate.....i remember way back, travelling up north with my dad when the van in front decided to shed a plastic garden seat, this bounced over us and hit the van behind and shattered into 1000's of bits! Papped my pants lol :xlol:

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Ran over a metal hubcap about 3 years ago in the teg. Luckily it missed the front wheel and I just caught it with the rear. Still put a nice gash in my rear valance but atleast it wasn't all up the side of the car!! The gash is still there today!

Zani

Advanced Member
Wow sorry to hear that... Good job there is no damage. I am intrigued to see the picture?

larz

Advanced Member
I avoid deer, foxes, badgers, dogs and cats on a weekly basis... once had to swerve to avoid a chicken... Gotta love country roads in ireland!

mikegsi

Staff member
Oooooooossshhh!! Not good!!

Dunno whether I'd of tried to stop the van driver or do as you did, were you aware of the extent of paint coverage at the time or was it only when you got home that you saw it?

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
I could see some little splashes on the passenger window, i didnt think it was that bad at all, i nearly died when i got out at home and seen the extent of it

Alls good now cars not damaged and it could have been worse!