Nct/Mot emissions fail

hondahead

Had my dc5 through the nct/mot today passed everything bar the dam emissions,

Readings were,
Low idle CO 2.24% meant to be below .50%

High Idle Lambda 1.05 meant to be between .97 and 1.03

CO .45% not meant to be above .30%

So readings are a good bit out

It has a dc sports header the last owner put it but i was under the impression they had a sports cat??
also i had my kpro mapped last march could it be the map??

Is it a matter of sticking in a standard cat??
Can anyone shed any light on what the problem could be?

Any help appreciated

Cheers in advance

DC5_Bonson

Advanced Member
^As above, you also need to change back to standard manifold too as the DC header is a one piece manifold with decat pipe.

hondahead

yes with a std cat you should be fine,

^As above, you also need to change back to standard manifold too as the DC header is a one piece manifold with decat pipe.
Yeah thats the problem,wouldnt be as much hassle if i could just bang in a a decat,have to find myself a standard mani now.
But ye reckon i should be okay if i get hold of the standard cat/mani??

brucey87

Advanced Member
Try to get friendly with the person doing the mot and offer him a tenner to turn a blind eye to it. Its no big deal really and saves alot of time and hasstle if your changing the mani back anyway.

I have a decat mani which prob would of failed on emmitions but passed.

hondahead

Still yet to get this sorted! am i right in saying the exhaust mani and cat off an ep3 are the same as the dc5?? could solve my problem!

petie180

Advanced Member
Still yet to get this sorted! am i right in saying the exhaust mani and cat off an ep3 are the same as the dc5?? could solve my problem!
hi there my car past mot with no cat or silencer I put the standard airbox on..what have you on your car?

Grov

Banned
Not sure about the Cat, pretty sure the mani is different. Can you not find a friendly tester/mate? Just gonna have to grab a mani/cat off ebay or something.

Zani

Advanced Member
The DC Sports manifold has NO cat... There are occasionally a cat n manifold floating around the for sale section/ebay.

Make sure you stay clear of Honda, as they want over 1100 for the cat alone.

To be honest, as above you will save yourself a lot of time and money if you get a mot station to turn a blind eye for you :)