Need a little help

Matt-DC5

Advanced Member
Hi all,
Ive purchased a freshly imported DC5 and have received conformation from the DVLA on what the registration will be, however I have not received the V5 as yet.
Upon trying to get the insurance sorted out, the reg has not yet been updated on any of the insurance websites. Not really sure what to do???
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Matt

ND1989

I have found that the reg almost never yields a result. You will need to search by make and model however a lot of mainstream insurers dont deal with the DC5. Admiral and sainsburys do. Try the insurers on here I was with Adrian Flux last year and they were good. Sainsburys as of tomorrow.

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
The dc5 doesn't appear on any comparison websites if that's what you mean? There are only a few that actually list it online..
Admiral
elephant
Diamond
Churchill
Direct line
Sainsburys
you will have to manually select the dc5 from the drop down menus on these sites though.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

dave7368

Advanced Member
my registration number normally comes up as an 'unknown Honda' or an 'Accord 2.0l coupe'

adamamuk

Advanced Member
As said above ^
Only certain companies insure the dc5. You also find a lot of companies say they do, then later on, find that they insured you on a 1.8 dc2.
When I first insured mine, I was already with Adrian flux and they used the cars VIN number before my registration arrived.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Mark_teg

Staff member
Give Greenlight a call Matt. They have a criteria to be able to offer a policy but if you suit this you won't get a better service IMO :)

Matt-DC5

Advanced Member
Mark_teg said:
Give Greenlight a call Matt. They have a criteria to be able to offer a policy but if you suit this you won't get a better service IMO :)
age is the problem :(

Matt-DC5

Advanced Member
After many phone calls with mutiple insurance companies.. Brentacre came out on the top with a strong £2190 with declared mods.... The joys of owning one of your childhood dream cars at 19 :/

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Surely having an ep3 and waiting would have been cheaper? Gain experience too. Even if only for a year. Fair play though mate, thats alot of wedge. Look after it :)

dave7368

Advanced Member
aahhhh.. the joys of being old :xhappy: that's 7 years worth of insurance for mine.. :xgrin: one of them anyway....

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
my registration number normally comes up as an 'unknown Honda' or an 'Accord 2.0l coupe'
Yeah same. Just ring then up direct or do the drop down select as stated