Need advice on clutch

gannondc5

Advanced Member
Well my clutch started to slip last week :( and got a price of honda for
500euro for clutch kit which i think is very steep
also got a price for a exedy clutch kit for 550
just wondering has anyone elses clutch gone if so how much for parts
also how much are they in england because the euro is nearly at parity
with pound so i could drive up north and get one there cheeper hopefully.
and does anybody have a exedy fitted is it any good?

rick c

Advanced Member
Can't see why you'd need an uprated clutch on a DC5, unless they last longer. The wheels on mine seem to spin so easily you don't need any more bite from the clutch.

That price does seem steep though. Try PMing "David Johnson" he's an excellent supplier of parts for the club.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
for it fitted the price is about right,
to supply i would have thought about 250 ish, you won't need a flywheel, maybe that is what honda quoted

the oem one is much better than the exedy IMO, it will last longer too and handle the power no problem,

gannondc5

Advanced Member
clutch

Thanks for the reply. might try pm that guy! im going to give a honda dealer in northern ireland a buzz tomoro see what price there giving me dealers in the south are mad money

gannondc5

Advanced Member
clutch

Ok one more question is the ukdm ep3 civic type r clutch the same as the dc5 in case the honda dealer is not up to speed on jap imports :?

logik

Advanced Member
The ITR OEM clutch as mentioned already is perfect and really is a good bit of kit. Get Dave to quote you.

raz786

Advanced Member
5 hours labour?? :shock:

Slightly off topic, the opinions seem to be that the OEM Clutch is better than the Exedy or uprated ones, and I think the standard clutch is good, but would an lighter flywheel be worthwhile at all?

rick c

Advanced Member
raz786 said:
5 hours labour?? :shock:

Slightly off topic, the opinions seem to be that the OEM Clutch is better than the Exedy or uprated ones, and I think the standard clutch is good, but would an lighter flywheel be worthwhile at all?
The standard flywheel is very light (as you must have noticed!) don't know how much weight can really be saved there

raz786

Advanced Member
yep agree mate that the standard is pretty light, but surely the exedy flywheel for example would be lighter otherwise whats the point in making it :lol: Any1 know the weight of the standard flywheel?

raz786

Advanced Member
Found out about 4.6kg or around there, pretty light

Exedy one is 3.95kg :shock: :D

rick c

Advanced Member
.65kg... its not much but given the stock engine revs high you may be able to notice the difference, though probably only in first gear.

If you're changing the clutch anyway and its not too expensive then why not eh?

raz786

Advanced Member
Thats exactly the way I was looking at it, when it comes to clutch changing time I'll see what the difference is price wise and maybe do it, it always hurts less if you can convince yourself your doing it for the right reasons :lol: :lol:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
dc5 flywheel is quite light, and very well made, stick with the oem parts they are very very hard to improve on. it is really not worth the hassle,

5 hrs is about right for the clutch as the gbox needs to be removed.

Call TGM for a price on the clutch i think he can probably beat hondas price for a honda part.
01252811972 ask for Tom.

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
@ c&s evo7. Can I ask your reason why you say oem is better option? I'm looking at an exedy stage 1 single plate as mine is not far off needing replaced. I drove a dc5 recently with the exedy stage 1 & it felt a lot better than oem imo. Seemed to have a bit less travel on bite and the pedal felt good, not too heavy or too snappy. I'm not really knowledgable on clutches so i would appreciate your input if it's stops me wasting money on something below par

Stu

JT3173

Advanced Member
Does anyone have any opinions about the F1 Racing Flywheels from Tegiwaonline on ebay, Tegiwa imports in other words?

Thanks

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
It certainly looks like a good alternative to the OEM clutch pricewise..

Mixed reviews on it from what i have read... I guess you take your chances buying off eBay...