Need Advice On These Cannards

celox performance

Advanced Member
I can't make my mind up whether to get these cannards sprayed CW or keep them carbon :? . The problem is the whole cannard including the back would need to be painted white. Please comment with your thoughts :)

Hoodster

Advanced Member
They look a bit odd being the only CF part showing either get the CF front lip and maybe mirrors or have them spayed white IMO.

ashdelsol7

Advanced Member
hi mate, i think if you are keeping them then defo spray them white. Iv just about got my breath back after that ride in yours last night. Quick car :D xthumbup :xvtec:

Hoodster

Advanced Member
Are these the canards from Dixcelbrake ?
And is that there natural angle or have you positioned them ?

celox performance

Advanced Member
Yes they're the ones and that's the natural angle. In other words If I try and fit them at any other angle they don't sit flush to the bodywork.

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
If this is all the carbon that the car is getting, then I should paint it CW.
If you are going to add more carbon to the car then i would keep it carbon.

kingston

Advanced Member
they look to long, especially where they go over the crease

id go with cw unless your getting other cf bits?

Hoodster

Advanced Member
I prefer the shape on the ones that Chris-DC5 is making there not as long and don't seem to curl upwards like these.

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
I think you have put it up abit too high and too much angle.

If anyone don't like the size, we can make it in any size you like.

cheers

Dixon

celox performance

Advanced Member
Dixcelbrake said:
I think you have put it up abit too high and too much angle.

If anyone don't like the size, we can make it in any size you like.

cheers

Dixon
Any chance you can post a pic of where it should be fitted? I tried different angles, but when it was angled less I couldn't get it to sit flush with the bumper and there was a gap inbetween the bumper and cannard :? . Ideally it would have looked better just above the splitter, so about 1 inch lower and against the crease instead of towards the top of the bumper.

Newty

Advanced Member
Hmmm, they look out of place. Not a big fan of these things, unless 'more' has been done.

Will be miles better if you paint them CW.

celox performance

Advanced Member
Ok thanks for the replies. I've made my mind up and i'm either going to either get a different set of cannards from Dixelbrake or paint them white. I'm definately not going to keep them carbon, so thanks for helping me to make my mind up :)

Any pics yet Dixon?

low baller

Advanced Member
I think you should give me your bonnet and wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deffo colour them so they dont stand out as much :D

tron2k3

Advanced Member
celox performance said:
Ok thanks for the replies. I've made my mind up and i'm either going to either get a different set of cannards from Dixelbrake or paint them white. I'm definately not going to keep them carbon, so thanks for helping me to make my mind up :)

Any pics yet Dixon?

Some pics here mate near the bottom

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22248&p=201048#p201048