Need another Type R...so thinking DC5

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
Hi Carl,

Seem to remember your user name when I had my silver DC5.

I ended up buying a silver DC5 all those years ago as I was doing my commute in it, and white/black would have killed me on cleaning duties & I didn't fancy blue. But after 5+ years the bit I liked best about it in silver (I now drive a white Porker) was you could really USE the car and not draw much attention. White certainly but to a lesser extent blue/black don't slip under the radar so easily.

Just a thought if you're using it everyday.

Oh and I wouldn't really worry about the condition of the seats, easily changed/upholstered, whereas the mechanics are not so easy.

N77

I thought I would email Capital Seating the photos of the seats and see what the cost was to repair.

For the bolster the R/H DC5 Bolster Cover is £58.00 and the R/H Speed Bolster foam is £29.56, so with the VAT it comes to just over £105

For the repair to the passenger seat they would have to put a new stitch line though the centre, smartly done so would hide any of the faults (this is what they did on a few places on the premiere seats I got them to do and you couldn't tell) and this was £50 plus the vat.

So with both repairs it would easily be under £200 so not bad.

N77

I test drove the silver one about 2 months ago!! It's a nice car but I was put off by a few things, I previously had a CW one and new if i got the silver one I'd probably regret not getting another CW one!!!! There is some weird damage to the recaros around the recaro badge , it's like someone had cut the material with a blade or something.

Anyway it was a nice car and also has a 5 zigen pro racer exhaust on it and the CE28's have been refurbished and painted so not in the typical Volk finish!
Are you local then mate or did you travel to go and see it?

N77

Well it appears that my car is too 'NEW' to think about a part exchange

I would of thought it would of been easier to sell not harder, but hey ho!

I guess it is something when they have to give me money I guess. The ones that had silver one was going to ring some Citroen dealers to get a price however its too much trouble for them it appears, as I was meant to get a call back Monday, so I phoned Tuesday and got told they hadn't had chance and to call back Wednesday. Unfortunately I didn't get chance to ring them yesterday so called them today and they said I would be best ringing!

So if they cannot be bothered to do that then I will go elsewhere as I think I can get better.

Tried the blue one and they said the same on the part exchange as well, so it looks like I will have to sell privately or speak to Citroen.

The problem is I could be without a car doing it this way until I find the right DC5.

I know once an idea is in my head I won't rest until I do it, but I may have to bide my time and wait until the new year.

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
Get a dealer/mate/contact to give you Citroen buyers numbers from Glass's guide, there will be a few. Call them and offer them. They will be traders but will deffo buy the car from you, question is at what price?

N77

Same with this one, anyone know if he is a member on here?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3101748.htm

Robert Dixon?