NEED NON-OEM FACELIFT REAR BUMPER....

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
...does anyone have any suggestions? Mine was damaged and repaired a few years ago and I`m going to have my bonnet resprayed in the near future as it has a few stone chips so I`m considering replacing the rear bumper at the same time.However,along with most members on here I`m not a fan of the black rubber strip and I dont really want to have the original bumper "de-striped"as it were so I thought I`d ask for some ideas from forum members.....Thanks in advance,David.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Yes I`ve seen that but the original damage to my bumper was high up,near the light cluster so a replacement would be better.

p1tse

Advanced Member
dc5-2ltr said:
Yes I`ve seen that but the original damage to my bumper was high up,near the light cluster so a replacement would be better.
Any pics?
Most things are fixable these days?

Chewy

Advanced Member
Cash is king here really if you're looking to go new, there's not many full rear bumpers that can be purchased.

For the Facelift you have J's Racing and INGS N-Spec off the top of my head

In terms of cover up for the rear strip if you could fix the bumper, you have Mugen (Rep or Genuine) or Feels, both are just 'over bumpers' as such which cover the strip.

If you're not wanting to spend high amounts new, your only bet is to stalk Yahoo auctions until something you fancy pops up.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Thanks for the prompt replies lads,I`ll put a couple of pics up tomorrow so you can see but I`m like a lot of members on here, I just want the best for me Teg no matter the cost,cheers,David

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Who you using Dave (if you decide on repair/respray)? PM me if it is anyone in South Shields just so I can tell you if it's someone I've used and what their work with me was like.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Here`s the damage... http://
http://
Sorry for the poor pics..just back from nippy drive to Scotland...I`ve just wiped the bumper with my hand to show the damage.The original job was done around 5 years ago but as you can see the paint is starting to bubble so needs redone or replaced.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
LiamGTR said:
Who you using Dave (if you decide on repair/respray)? PM me if it is anyone in South Shields just so I can tell you if it's someone I've used and what their work with me was like.
I`ll probably not be getting the job done til the beginning of next year,if I have to get a new bumper it`ll be when it arrives,cheers Liam xthumbup

Chewy

Advanced Member
Easy fix mate, Any bodyshop will be able to repair that to a high standard.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you may also need a new light bracket to pull the bumper closer to the light (Closing the gap, I had to do the same) and she'll be good as new.

I agree, With the above though, Mugen rear lip to cover the strip and it'll look superb in VBP. :)

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Ok I`m sold!...now can you reccommend a reliable place to buy one from?Thanks for all your usual brilliant input xthumbup

Chewy

Advanced Member
dc5-2ltr said:
Ok I`m sold!...now can you reccommend a reliable place to buy one from?Thanks for all your usual brilliant input xthumbup
Good man!

I personally would look to our trusted forum traders, Injection Imports for a genuine Item or Re-Spirit for a replica.