Need opinions on these wheels

celox performance

Advanced Member
I need opinions please before I order these Buddyclub P1 SF Racing wheels. They'd be going on a white DC5.

I don't know how much they are but they look good 8) . I'm off to Buddclub in Preston tomorrow to try and order a set. A couple of people have said that they don't like the red on the wheel but I think it would suit the car :?

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
Nice wheels, but again I'm not a fan of the red stripe that runs around the rim, it makes them look a little cheap imo... :roll:

Wardy7

Advanced Member
I think they look smart! Like has been said though, if you like them then that is all that matters :)

Cheers
Wardy

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Its the latest fashion in Japan, think they would look ok, personally i think they look worse if the white is waayyyy off a match. but you won't know till theyre on.

Evs

Advanced Member
The colour scheme is a personal choice - not my bag at all but it's your car...

Just be careful with white wheels on a 'white' car - if the wheels are too white then it can look awful.

g_mac

have these wheels on my dc5 minus the red lip..colour is not a complete match but they do look awesome 8)

Same pic for you to compare :lol:

Wardy7

Advanced Member
That is one of the nicest modded DC5's I reckon g_mac, looks the ducks nuts 8)
Wheels look ace at that ride height!

Cheers
Wardy

celox performance

Advanced Member
Thanks for that pic, the white wheels look nice even without the red lip :D

I phoned up Buddyclub today but they're out of stock of the white wheels/red lip, they only had the black/red lip or white/blue lip and if I wanted to have a look i'd need to make an appointment to view them. They're being shipped over to them at the moment but they won't be in stock for 3-4 weeks :( .

g_mac-any idea of the weight of your wheels? I was also looking at the Team Dynamics Prorace 1 which seem very light.

JDC5

Charged DC5
i say them wheels looks nice!! you should try them if you can.. i'm sure buddyclub can let you try it.

well... its a good thing i got my rota P1's resprayed to match the car, as it did look very crap with a different white... well... will get the red lip me thinks! lol

JD

cfoster

Advanced Member
Have you got any better pics of your Rotas in white mate? I have the same wheels in bronze and doing them white one of my options!!

g_mac

cheers for the comments on the dc5 8)

@ celox performance all i know is the wheels are a lot lighter than the oem 17's, not sure what weight they are with tyres etc, if i get a chance 2moro i'll put them on the scales as they are off for the winter!

@ Cfoster wheels are 18", think 215/35 tyres not 100% sure without checking them

ally_mac

Advanced Member
Rims with a coloured lip, especially red, seem to be all the rage at the minute. I am looking at rims for my evo at the minute and most manufacturer seem to be bringing out loads of black rims with a red lip

celox performance said:
g_mac-any idea of the weight of your wheels? I was also looking at the Team Dynamics Prorace 1 which seem very light.
From memory the 7.5 x 18" bare rim weights just under 8kgs. These are also a very strong rim

cfoster said:
g_mac - looks lovely mate, what size wheels / tyres are they? (width?)

Chris :)
The tyre size is 215/35 18, as said the rims are 7.5 wide. You can fit a 40 series tyre on, but it will be very close to the arch and may possibility touch

celox performance

Advanced Member
Thanks for that info mate. 8kg is very light and it's nice to hear they're a strong wheel.

I'm going to hold out for the white/red lip until they arrive in the UK. They're a very good price too at £150 per wheel :D . If they don't arrive within the next 5 weeks then i'll either have the black/red lip or just the plain white ones because i've got a track day the end of next month and need some stronger wheels than the soft standard ones.