Need to get a new Cat 1 Alarm Immob

redcap

Advanced Member
Anyone got a Toad Ai 606 or Sigma S30? The alarm fitter says these are the ones to look at. Any others i should consider? Insurance company is probably only going to pay for up to £350-400 i think.

If so can i get opinion on what you think of it? Are they good or bad? Have you had any issues with them?

I have been warned off of clifford as they are not too good for anything other than US cars.

If possible i'd like to get some info asap as it is going to be done in the next few days i hope.

Thanks in advance.

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
redcap said:
I have been warned off of clifford as they are not too good for anything other than US cars.
Who warned you away from clifford.?

Great alarms imho. :xyes:

Vtec_wannabe

Advanced Member
I've had 2 previous cars which I had fitted the Toad Ai606 and for the money great alarms you can also pick up additional sensors which are simply plug 'n' play ;)

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
redcap said:
:-s I Have a Clifford on my ATR and my Jazz and when I have to get an alarm for another car. It will definatly be a Clifford again.
I am thinking lately to replace my alarm system on the DC5 for a Clifford :-k

redcap

Advanced Member
Clifford i am told are better for US car's, something to do with everything having an individual relay and power spiking with the ignition?

Anyway it seem's the Toad is a good bit of kit so we'll see how it goes. I'm hoping it doesn't suffer from false alarms and the like.

Fudge

Advanced Member
Be VERY aware of who you buy clifford from and who you get to fit it if you do want to get one....

All im saying on the subject is i had a bad experience :lol:

redcap

Advanced Member
All done now, went for the Toad, seems pretty good, got the exterior proximity sensor to give any unwanted attention a warning.

LeeH

Advanced Member
GAP fitted my Clifford 2 years ago and its been flawless.

I would have one again for sure just use a good installer as that is where the problems stem from.

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
LeeH said:

I would have one again for sure just use a good installer as that is where the problems stem from.
Same as ^^.

Fudge

Advanced Member
LeeH said:

Most likely my problem...... :(

Hawaii5hoes

Advanced Member
I had a Viper 480xv on my previous car and it never let me down, £350 fitted by thatcham approved garage. A very good alarm imo, especially because it has a screen which informs whenever the alarm is activated (can vibrate and ring). It gave me that extra peace of mind, but you have to be in a 1 mile radius or something. Also looks pretty cool - pager style 8) You also get a standard alarm fob with it.

It's the same one they use on pimp my ride :D where they add features like engine start, if that pickles your onion?!
It's very similar to the Clifford, which is not a bad thing imo. Highly recommended!

Only downside is the pager unit can eat a AAA battery pretty quick when you have the vibrate, ring and lights on. But you can change the settings :-k :geek:

After saying all that, I still reckon my Cheapish Toad alarm is brilliant :xaiweb3:

LeeH

Advanced Member
redcap said:

Thanks in advance.
Well...who ever told you that is a Dick, and holds no credibility with me. 12vdc is 12vdc what ever county you are in :roll:

Cliffords are the tits but only if they are not fitted by retards like that^^^^^

redcap

Advanced Member
Well he seemed to know what he was talking about, he's fitted alarms for 20 years and in his experience they are the ones that he has seen problems with over all others. May be because they were not fitted well by other people or there are more of them fitted than other brands or they are not so great if fitted to non American cars? He said this had something to do with the amount of relays and spiking power? I don't know much about it so i took his advice as he fit's alarms for TGM who are sorting out my car, i trust them to give me an honest opinion. I am not knocking Clifford, i have never had one of their alarms.