Needing new Nuts

Aly

Advanced Member
Hey i got a set of D2 Spec nuts on my car, the big long red things.

Im really wanting to know what size of nut a DC5 takes. Is it a 1.5 or 1.25?

Also, lets say i dont want to spend £100 on nuts.. where would i get normal black ones that wont break my bank.

-edit
or maybe they are D1?

jdmsteve

Advanced Member
Not sure what length you need for your wheels but I can suggest looking at rare rims. I just bought some anodised red 'steel' wheel nuts with taper adapters which you don't need for 45 quid. Absolute bargain. Lots of different types available but I would suggest phoning them to get the best price.

Aly

Advanced Member
Not sure what length you need for your wheels but I can suggest looking at rare rims. I just bought some anodised red 'steel' wheel nuts with taper adapters which you don't need for 45 quid. Absolute bargain. Lots of different types available but I would suggest phoning them to get the best price.
Got it bookmarked for friday! (pay day)

Thanks,

Aly

Advanced Member
Hey ive got 2 different sizes to pick from, any idea what the number means? The 1.25 / 1.5?
How would i know what size would fit my alloys or is it based on the car?

17mm Hex M12 x 1.25
17mm Hex M12 x 1.5

mikegsi

Staff member
i think tegs are 1.25 but let me double check before you spend any money!!

jon-dc5

Advanced Member
Try and get steel one's too,the aluminum one's are rubbish,way too soft, especially for the price were paying!

Aly

Advanced Member
got those ones on and they are very soft lol. chewed a couple just swapping wheels.

steel is what I'm buying :)

so def 1.5 then?

sinbad

Advanced Member
Yes, all honda are 12 x 1.5

Just be sure to get either tapered or radius wheel nuts depending on whether you have standard or aftermarket wheels :xcheers:

Stoo

Whining.....
The 1.5 and 1.25 bit is the pitch of the thread in mm.

DC5s are M12x1.5

Also, as above, if you are using OEM wheels, you will need nuts with a radius seat.
If you are using Aftermarket wheels, you will need nuts with a tapered seat.
Very important, as if you use the wrong type of nuts, you will not have as much surface area of the nut in contact with the wheel.

I have Rays anodised Black nuts, in Duralumin (VERY lightweight) which are also locking nuts.
They are similar to aluminium but stronger so will not chew up.

I think they are night on £100 a set, but IMHO they are worth it as
A they are locking nuts, and
B they are the correct seat type for my wheels, thus being safer too.....

My 2p

Stoo

Aly

Advanced Member
Got my eye on some chrome nuts and I'll pick up the locking ones aswell.

Size and fit are fine.

Thanks everyone.

Grov

Banned
LOL^

Anyone know a decent set of locking nuts for the OEM wheels that aren't to expensive. never been able to find any.

paul hughes

Japshop have Genuine MUTEKI steel coloured nuts from Japan in stock i believe, open ended or closed ended for £38 per set +vat.

their number is 01772 299825 ask for Guy, hes the man :) ALL hondas are M12x1.5 thread.

Paul,

Aly

Advanced Member
Thanks everyone. The postman took nuts out his sack and pushed them thru my letter box today.

Got them from rarerims, exactly what I wanted !

Grov

Banned
So it's size 12x 1.5, will 60degree taper one's fit?

ive done some searching and Mcgard seem good, but want to make sure i get the correct one's. Also do they stick out of the recess of the wheel like the standard Honda Civic nuts.

Found these on ebay, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MCGARD-LOCKING-WHEEL-LOCK-NUTS-HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-/180514380408?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item2a077eda78