needs some advice - finally got a dc5

pau_teg08

hi there guys Ive recently got myself a dc5 and want to do some general servicing

planning to get some RBF600 but does anyone know how much brake fluid will it take when I do the bleeding/flush?
and what discs and pads do you guys recommend? car is used daily and occasional blast! wheres the best place to get them?

wanting to change gearbox oil to see if I can fix that cold start 2nd gear crunch, any other tips?

and does anyone know what the right size the battery is supposed to be? i see most dc5s have undersized comparing the battery size to the actual holder/plate size, mine seems to struggle to start every now and again even though its being used regularly so Im taking the route of changing my battery and maybe get the actual size thats needed and suitable for the teg

thanks in advance guys!

Attachments

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Topgeezers old car. Looks a good one! Please please however rid the wind deflectors of that Illest sticker. It's making me ill.

Depending on your budget I would look at RBP Rotors and PBS pads. :)

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Topgeezers old car. Looks a good one! Please please however rid the wind deflectors of that Illest sticker. It's making me ill.

Ha ha!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
pau_teg08 said:
hi there guys Ive recently got myself a dc5 and want to do some general servicing

planning to get some RBF600 but does anyone know how much brake fluid will it take when I do the bleeding/flush?
and what discs and pads do you guys recommend? car is used daily and occasional blast! wheres the best place to get them?

wanting to change gearbox oil to see if I can fix that cold start 2nd gear crunch, any other tips?

and does anyone know what the right size the battery is supposed to be? i see most dc5s have undersized comparing the battery size to the actual holder/plate size, mine seems to struggle to start every now and again even though its being used regularly so Im taking the route of changing my battery and maybe get the actual size thats needed and suitable for the teg

thanks in advance guys!
I use RBF600, no issues. OEM discs and PBS pads for a road car.

2nd gear crunch is most likely a tired clutch, but could be cured with a gearbox oil change.

Battery size has been done to death on here. Have a search, all your questions have been covered many times over.

pau_teg08

Chrismartin said:

Yeah im taking all the stickers off! And I take it you know the car? If so can you pm me please ;)

Is Tegiwa the best place to order those parts mentioned?
cheers!

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
pau_teg08 said:
Yeah im taking all the stickers off! And I take it you know the car? If so can you pm me please ;)

Is Tegiwa the best place to order those parts mentioned?
cheers!
I'd go through Area Motorsport directly mate.

I don't know the car personally just known it's ex perfectionist owned haha. If you search the forum look for "top geezer/topgeezer" (can't remember if theres a space or Not. :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

pau_teg08

Chrismartin said:
I'd go through Area Motorsport directly mate.

I don't know the car personally just known it's ex perfectionist owned haha. If you search the forum look for "top geezer/topgeezer" (can't remember if theres a space or Not. :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ill give it a search! Thanks for that buddy :)