Neighbour purposely crashed into my DC5.

Lewis93

Advanced Member
So at the minute I'm pretty bored and thought I'd share a story that happened a couple of weeks ago.

My neighbour purposely reversed his piece of trash Alfa Romeo into my parked car.

It started out when he bought two kittens just before Christmas, living in North Yorkshire we had quite bad snow and flooding over the Christmas week and this guy decided to abandon his cats into the street as they didn't get on with his dog. We kept seeing people post photos of them on our local Facebook page asking who's they were. Late one night I was doing some bits and pieces in the garage, came inside the house for 5 minutes, on my return back into the garage there was a bag of sealed dog food ripped open and the bag was shaking. Inside I found a kitten shaking and almost dead, we fed it and warmed it up after posting on the said group that we had the cat in our house if the owners would like to collect it. My wife wrote on the post "maybe you could keep it inside a little more now", that's all. The lovely chap who owns the cat came to collect it, said thanks then returned two minutes later screaming about how dare we say he can't look after his pets.

The next day my little girl answered the door to her friend and their dog not on a lead ran straight into our house, did a loop of the whole of the downstairs until I threw it out. Meanwhile the wife is stood in the middle of our road just staring into the house as the dog has a free for all. 15 minutes later we went over as pleasant as could be and said we would like to talk to you about what your dog just did, which was this...

She said oh yes I was just about to come and clean that, do you mind if I wait until my husband gets home as we have a baby (about 6 months old). We obviously agreed as you can't leave a baby on it's own, 5 minutes later she knocks on the door with a mop bucket full of bleach, no husband at home yet. She asked me to watch her children out of our living room window as they are directly opposite us. Part way through she asked if I could see her children and I said I can see your elder boy but I can't see the baby, it might be choking or something if you want to do it later? She said that's fine I will be done soon.

Anyway, we ended up ringing the RSPCA as the cats were now killing rabbits from the field behind our house and eating them in the street to survive whilst constantly trying to get back in our house.

He kicked off rotten about this, tried to drag me and my wife out the house to the point where we had to ring the police.

2 months or so down the line after nothing more was said I park my car length ways across the back of my drive as opposed to the turning circle at the end of the street, his car hasn't moved for about 5 weeks previous to this and hadn't moved that day. Within 15 minutes of the car behind there his hand brake "failed". Only by chance did I see him outside as I left my phone in the car, going through the passenger door to get it I didn't even see the damage. He said "oi whats your name, I've just smashed into your car".

I rang Andy (integrastella) straight away before even speaking to him after seeing the damage and he said he would give me a door for £75, I went back over the road and said instead of going through the insurance as they will probably write my car off due to it being a Japanese import I can get a door for £200 (taking into account fuel costs etc to collect the door). He said I don't care and slammed the door in my face.

Pictures of damage...

So that looks pretty bad but thankfully it was just the door and wing mirror, no smashed glass or further damage.

After getting off the phone to my insurance company and having his details they told me because I have legal cover it was a possibility to buy parts/pay for repairs myself and claim it back from his insurance. Happy with that!

New door on...

New wing mirror, slightly different coloured championship white to my car. :xaiweb3:

New window deflectors, check!

Now my car looks lovely with the blue wing mirror, no fitted window deflectors and no door card as the speaker hole needs drilling as I have upgraded door speakers I'm just waiting for the insurance to pay out so I can get the car into the body shop and have all the trims fitted and the whole of that side resprayed to make sure the colour match is spot on! That's £780 I didn't really want to fork out myself. I feel the car is now better than it was before due to new window deflectors and a fresh side of paint. Hopefully his insurance premium goes through the roof.

Samy888

Advanced Member
sorry to hear about the car Lewis, your neighbor sounds like a complete twat to be honest. having to ring the police due to his behaviour also, I don't know If I could put up with that lol. karma's a b*tch and it will all come back on him one day.

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Probably. I'm not the kind of person to normally think like this but when you're up at 3 in the morning looking out the window at your car because you had to leave it in the same place it got crashed into you do start to think about sueing someone for distress haha.

I'm happy with it now though, gave it a really good clean after the door went on and it will look super fresh and clean soon enough!

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
What an absolute scumbag. Well done for staying calm about most (probably including myself) would have had all out war in the street haha. At least the teg will look alot better.

k20_irf

Advanced Member
Absolute scumbag!
Glad you got you're car fixed. More importantly what happened to the kittens or have I missed that? I cannot stand animal cruelty! Some people can be evil b*stards.

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Nothing as of yet, the RSPCA said because they aren't being abused and they can survive outside well by themselves they couldn't see a problem but I can't say it's particularly pleasant to see them running around with dead rabbits in their mouths where my kids go out on their bikes.

_BILLY_EK9_

Advanced Member
That guy sounds like a nightmare, do you think he even has valid insurance ?

On a side note the teg looks very nice parked at the end of the driveway. So lucky it was just the door.

Chewy

Advanced Member
I feel for you...What an awful position to be in.

I really can't comprehend what on earth these people get out of being this way...Such a waste of oxygen.

As said above though, Good on you for being the better man and keeping your cool with things...Hopfully Karma will strike this bumhole down, haha.

In regards to your parking spot, Is the grassed area to the side of your drive yours? If so you could get some grass gaurds (Can't remember the name) but It allows you to park on the grass without churning it up and sinking into it.

It'll also allow the grass to grow through it so it's not an eye sore, I use them at the Mrs' house so keep the DC5 off the road/path.

SuperFLY

Advanced Member
1st thing I'd do is get a security camera recording pointing at your drive/car.

If he decides to come back or 'let his handbrake off' again then you'll have it on camera

Rom

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
In regards to your parking spot, Is the grassed area to the side of your drive yours? If so you could get some grass gaurds (Can't remember the name).
Ok for short term, but wouldn't leave car there too long if not used.
Parking over grass can cause corrosion under the car. Almost every morning, the grass is going to be damp with dew and moisture.

As for the story. Burn his house down.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Lewis93

Advanced Member
adamlstr said:
I just had a look, he has valid MOT but tax ran out 3 or 4 days ago so he did have tax at the time of the incident. Although as soon as I get my payout from his insurance I think reporting him to the Police for having no tax and driving his car will be my next step in the neighbour from hell war hahaha.

SuperFLY said:
1st thing I'd do is get a security camera recording pointing at your drive/car.

If he decides to come back or 'let his handbrake off' again then you'll have it on camera
Got a camera set up now, unfortunately it was just a little too late! I was thinking of getting them to cover the whole outside of the house to be honest but unsure of the cost.

2ndy said:
Is he bigger than you?
Yes. The reason I can't really do anything about it is that we are on a military housing estate so anything that like would massively back fire on me at work.

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
He sounds like a right c11nt. Shame you cannot sort if out due to implications of your work.
As said if get some cctv just incase.

MrRy

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
Is he bigger than you?
:lol: made me laugh! Sadly although some people do deserve a stern hand, violence on your doorstep never ends up working out. It's hard to not go down to their level, but that's what makes you the bigger person. Being calculated and not letting emotion get the better of you will see you to a better resolution - ALWAYS. :)

In any case you're not alone. I used to live on a busy main road and the amount of crap I used to have was incredible. Most of my cars got keyed, bumped into, it just never ended. Thankfully I live in a much nicer area now with my own driveway.

2ndy

Advanced Member
LewisK20 said:
Yes. The reason I can't really do anything about it is that we are on a military housing estate so anything that like would massively back fire on me at work.
Maybe give any attacking or karate a miss then!

I sort of feel your pain though, I bought a s2000 and a month or so after someone reversed into it when it was parked outside my house, They didnt leave a note or anything and still to this day dont know who done it. I think it would actually be worse for me if I knew who it was albeit alot better on my wallet. Im over it now but its a pretty horrible thing to happen

ErA

I think I would just have to smash his face in whilst grinning like a psychopath, what an utter helmet of a neighbour.