New Car Battery?

Ezza

Advanced Member
Car doesn't seem to wanna start in this cold weather which I think is a flat battery symton! All i get is a ticking noise when I turn the key over, a quick jump start and it fires up fine. Planning to visity local halfords but does anyone know the number part I need? Also is there any complication in changing the battery?

I read that a Nissan battery can be used?

Type_R6

Advanced Member
i wouldnt go to halfords all their batterys are expensive!
I was suprised i got my battery from honda at £35!!!! A bit of staff discount on that but still very cheap for a jap battery from honda! Give them a try mate you might be pleasently suprised \:D/

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
my wife got a battery for her s2000 from Honda £45 with no discount, was £60 odd in Halfrauds

its original honda too, not some rebadged cheap ass thing like the Half ones

Honda happiness= Happy days

Kinli

Advanced Member
I'll try this thread before I start a new one..

Anyone know where I could find the japan (JIS) battery terminals for a Odyssey PC680 battery?

These:

http://www.odysseybatteries.com is the only site that lists them but the company won't answer emails / phone calls so no go.
At the moment I only have the SAE terminals which are much too big. One option would be to modify the harness, but I rather not.

tl8369

Advanced Member
I got a halfords battery in my DC5 so far so good! had it in for 7 weeks after the last one kept dying on me :( and the old battery replaced the oringinal honda battery

The halford battery is bigger than the honda one i had and fits in the battery tray well like the others had said

stephen1612 said:
The good thing about the Halfords battery is that it fills the space in the battery tray (I previously had a small Panasonic battery which I believe is what Honda supplies)

Halfords HB 054 is the one you need

Got the info from this thread > viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18969&start=0&hilit=halfords+battery

Halfords link > http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... &langId=-1

Bought one last weekend and it fits perfectly :)
Spot on mate :)

redcap

Advanced Member
Ezza said:
Are Halfords batterys that bad?
A battery is a battery to a certain extent... Unless you have an option to get a higher ampage battery (calcium or silver) which you can't from Halfords, you can only get 330amp with the terminal size you need.

I got mine from Honda for £45 too, why pay £60 from Halfords for the same thing?

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Halford batteries are fine, but totally agree that they are expensive for what they are when you can get a Honda one.

Just thought i'd mention the first Halfords battery I bought wouldn't hold its charge properly which was not a good sign! (Only case i've heard of though) The replacement one works perfectly though and i'm happy with it.

Just to throw another brand into the mix. Aside from the high powered ones to accomodate big sound systems etc, Costco do Bosch batteries, usually at decent prices although I can't comment on how much they are...

Ezza

Advanced Member
Anybody know the part number for the honda battery that would fit the DC5?

Ezza

Advanced Member
Think Halfrauds is the best option for me as i dont have any tools with me in london and all honda parts close on a weekend ](*,)

synchro

Advanced Member
i went to halfords for a battery.It was 70 but with a trade card it was 30. And was a bigger amp battery for a better turn over and with a alarm and other stuff on board it was the right move. Also their warranty was longer also

Ezza

Advanced Member
Quick update, the replacement battery hasnt even lasted me a year and i need another one :xmad: :xrealangry: :xmad:

Ezza

Advanced Member
Funny thing is this afternoon the car started fine and i drove from london to Kent (1hr drive) and by the time it had parked up for 1 hour it was dead flat. I run a small amp and sub ](*,) ](*,)

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I got my replacement battery from Unipart, it cost me £35. When i went to my Honda dealer they said they couldnt get hold of the proper Jap batterys which is odd as other people on the forum have had no problems in sourcing one from Honda.