New car with a few niggles

Type K

Advanced Member
So i bought this dc5 from steve last week.Was nice meeting him and his partner.

Already changed the wheels and seats but theres a couple of things that have come up as iv been driving it that i wanted to get you guys advice on.

First of all when the car is idle it vibrates a lot, not sure if this is due to the engine mounts/spoon engine damper?
secondly its very jerky in second gear. It doesnt happen in first gear or any of the others just in second, is this due to the uprated clutch?
thirdly the car is very gassy inside, it has been stripped out but stil pretty sure it shouldn't be this bad?
finally sometimes the revs increase from 1000 rpm to 1500 rpm while driving but then settle back down, is this due to a dirty idle control valve?

any help would be much appreciated

wantadc5

Advanced Member
Vibration is definitely due to the engine mounts and maybe engine damper also.
Jerky in second....can't imagine it would be the clutch....does it get better when the engine is warm?
gearbox oil changing perhaps?
gassy!! never heard of that before...
wouldn't worry about the revs...mine would stop around 2k revs sometimes...

Rom

Advanced Member
As above really, vibration will be from mounts. Are they inserts or uprated mounts ?
Also through reading into getting one, a lot of people say the dampers are actually worse for vibration than the inserts are.

When you say jerky, you mean (im not saying it is you, just as an example) like poor clutch control feeling ? Almost like kangerooing? Could well be clutch related, a few models of Toyota diesels are very jerky sometimes. To the point its like a learner driver! Youd just have to give up, dip the clutch, and start again.
Could also be hesitation from engine, but id expect more symptoms.

Gassy, you mean fumes? Like petrol, or exhaust ? If its stripped, theres nothing over the fuel pump now, like carpets and seats. Probably just a plastic cover. So any vented fumes from tank could find there way in a bit easier.
Also check for a bung or anything missing somewhere, bulkhead etc.

Wont hurt to clean out the throttle body, and ICV too.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Is this the one with the Buddyclub engine?

Gassy inside could also be caused by a decat.

Type K

Advanced Member
basically while the cars rolling if i go from first to second gear and dont accelerate it will jerk until i increase the revs, the clutch doesnt feel weak or anything.
yes by gassy i mean i there's a strong smell of fumes inside the car and yes wingnuttzz it is the one with the buddyclub engine.