New car!

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Morning all,

So after a long train ride to Torque GT I got the pleasure of a 5 hour drive home in my new Teg. The numb legs might mean I have to stop my rowing training though, I don't think I can afford to let my thighs get any bigger. To save on a whole host of new car advice posts I thought I'd just post a couple of questions here first. If the powers that be would prefer them in the right section though, let me know and I'll make separate ones.

1. The drive - The coilovers have been changed for Meister-R's, not something I've ever done on a car. i found it like glue on the corners, but very "unstable" in a straight line at speed (fast for me about 80). Could this be something to do with the setup? or the cars weight maybe? i certainly don't remember my DC2 feeling that bad,

2. Stereo - There is a mass of antenna dotted about, 2 onthe dash and 2 "film" type ones on the windows that seem to come out of the roof lining. Any idea what they are?

3. Body work - Maybe aimed at any Modulo owners, but the kit has gaps around it, and looks like double sided tape was once holding it on. Has anyone any experience of this? Has anyone done anything to deal with the road rash on the front of the skirts? I was thinking paint it and put film on it.

4. Fuel - Darren @ Torque said to use Optimax, presumable being set for the Jap market. I seem to remember something about JDM's being tuned for it from my DC2 days, but mine was a UKDM. Can any mapping be done for standard fuel?

Cheers

Matt

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Morning all,

So after a long train ride to Torque GT I got the pleasure of a 5 hour drive home in my new Teg. The numb legs might mean I have to stop my rowing training though, I don't think I can afford to let my thighs get any bigger. To save on a whole host of new car advice posts I thought I'd just post a couple of questions here first. If the powers that be would prefer them in the right section though, let me know and I'll make separate ones.

1. The drive - The coilovers have been changed for Meister-R's, not something I've ever done on a car. i found it like glue on the corners, but very "unstable" in a straight line at speed (fast for me about 80). Could this be something to do with the setup? or the cars weight maybe? i certainly don't remember my DC2 feeling that bad,

2. Stereo - There is a mass of antenna dotted about, 2 onthe dash and 2 "film" type ones on the windows that seem to come out of the roof lining. Any idea what they are?

3. Body work - Maybe aimed at any Modulo owners, but the kit has gaps around it, and looks like double sided tape was once holding it on. Has anyone any experience of this? Has anyone done anything to deal with the road rash on the front of the skirts? I was thinking paint it and put film on it.

4. Fuel - Darren @ Torque said to use Optimax, presumable being set for the Jap market. I seem to remember something about JDM's being tuned for it from my DC2 days, but mine was a UKDM. Can any mapping be done for standard fuel?

Cheers

Matt
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the purchase mate, will look forward to pics of it. Assume it was already in the UK if it has Meisters etc and not a fresh import? With regards to the questions I have answered as best I can below:

I assume this is tramlining by what you're saying and if so then this is as it will more then likely have quite an aggressive geo, something you may wish to change back or lessen if the car will mainly be used on the road going forward.

Would need to see them tbh, could have been for GSP, camera detection or anything.

From the factory and in Japan they run higher octane fuel, your UK DC2 was programmed and built to run on UK ron whereas my old JDM DC2 was mapped for higher ron from the factory.

To map the DC5 you'd need a K100 or KPRO, you could run UK 95 ron but it's not the best to do, it's not the end of the world but ideally you'd want to run Shell Optimax. If the car has been in the UK and is not a fresh import and already has a K100 or KPRO then a remap could be done but again they'd recommend for higher ron fuel which is what the engines designed for. It's not as bad to run lower ron (95) on these as it is an imported turbo car but tbh they are great on fuel and I don't think you'd save much (if anything) really by running the lower ron apart form maybe £1-£2 or so a tank :)

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Hi Matt congrats on the new car.

Was laughing at the thigh problem, I have the same issue mate and occasionally trap the old giggle berries when jumping in.

I swapped out my coilovers for meister r and I also find that in a fast straight line she does squirm around quite abit as you've mentioned. I'm still looking into this on mine. I'll let you know once I do ;)

I've had a FRSU twice and both times the car has benefited from this, but if the road is slightly uneven it definetally exaggerates this feeling.

It sounds like you've had a card machine for Jap toll roads and the little stickers on the window and dash are the receivers. I just removed mine from the car with the card machine, have a look in your footwell you might still have the little card machine.

Unsure on the body work as I've not had this issue and I've been using Vpower and Optimax car drives fine on both. As for mapping probably a good question for the hondata lads, I'm still on oem ecu.

Enjoy the car !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Britz

Advanced Member
Hi mate did you get the module kitted facelift? I saw it for sale it was a lovely looking teg 👌. I got the antenna and film ones on my windscreen too no idea what the film ones are but I think the antenna is to do with the key fob on mine. The double sided tape is pretty normal mate I have a pfl and the front and rear splitters both had tape it probably needs taking off all cleaning up and new tape putting on its a bastard to clean lol I re did all mine as was coming a bit loose. I never bothered doing anything to the skirts but mine aren‘t too bad maybe get them repainted and avoid gravel lol. I just use whatever higher octane fuel is about and never had any problems even I‘ve used normal unleaded too without any problems but wouldn‘t use it out of choice

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Thanks for the replies. I bought the teg as a daily. Not because I want to drive fast, although some summer fun will be had, I just always wanted one. Don't shoot me, but I'd bang a economical diesel engine in it if I had the dollar. I just found that fast motorway driving was a bit unnerving. in the DC2 I hit the speed limiter one day for lol's, and i wouldn't have dared do it in the DC5 last night.

My first job is cleaning it, and getting rid of this crazy Jap lady that keeps talking to me. That's probably as far as I can go for now if I still want to keep my balls.

Is there a parts number schematic anywhere? On the DC2 forum there was one knocking around. I'd like to get the window seals changed at some point in the not too distant future.

I'm going to try and get the side stickers off today if my fingers can handle the weather. They're a bit battered and I think it will look tidied without for now until i can get some new ones.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
I did take some pictures of the Antenna, but I don't know how to make them be on the line. I also found a light under the stereo, but no idea what it's for.....

bennn

Advanced Member
I've got a load of stick on aerials on my windscreen which will be coming out.

I think the main aerial is in the rear screen.

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
Could be dab ariel?
I dont find my meisters unnerving at speed, ti be honest it feels like one o the most planted cars ive had now its all set up.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Crackfox

Advanced Member
I was reading up last night. Might be that they'd put new treads on, but then they had done 350 miles by the time i got home. I'll see if i can find somewhere to get them looked at near me.

MikeH89

Hi mate, congrats on the new DC5, when I got mine it had two antennas in the rear windows, these were connected to small boxes with coax style connectors on them, plus I had a small GPS antenna on the dash by the passenger side pillar.

Looking at the recent sold cars on Torque with the modulo kits yours has the same style square antenna near the pillar, it'll be a magnetic base on a square pad.

I was pulling out my radio and ended up removing a large pile of wiring from all the bits that were wired in, mine had a junction box behind the glove box also which the antennas all joined into.

If it has the JDM radio in it still I would assume they are all to do with this, I think the film antennas in mine were something to do with a TV function I had on the radio as when I researched the brand that's what was coming up.

I've been running mine on BP ultimate, its 97 rather than 98/9 but it's available near my house and I don't have a convenient Shell, the car has been absolutely fine, I have Meister R's and don't find it unstable, I haven't had the geometry adjusted yet either, as others have said, it may have an aggressive geometry setup causing it to tram a little, nothing that can't be sorted easily by somewhere like TGM Sport, for reference, they charge around £85 I think.

bmargey

Congrats! This is all sounding very familiar haha (with the exception of the coilovers).

I also picked up my dc5 from Torque-gt, also have the same problem with thighs (half arsed olympic weightlifter, lots of squats) and also have the same stereo setup. I had a manual for the stereo but it's in Japanese (shock) and I can't find an English translated variant. However, as others have said, it looks to be linked to in built TV, GPS and microphone for voice commands - a ballache to strip out.

Regarding the bodywork, I have a similar issue with my front lip on one side. Double check all the bolts/clips are there that should be - I had some missing. If it doesn't sit flush take it to a body shop to see it can be re-sealed/fitted, this shouldn't be that expensive. Darren is great, he might be able to help you out there too.

Fuel wise, as aforementioned, it's the fuel quality of importance there. Personally, I use Vpower or Tesco 99 Momentum if I can't find a Shell garage. I'm sure you could use lower, but it's a performance car at the end of the day, daily or not. Treat it well!

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
If you bought the modulo fitted face lift from TGT, it would be Ians (@DC5curn) old car

He imported via TGT and swapped it for something else quite quickly (because he always does lol).

Meistwr generally are a UK addition so would have expected them to have been installed here. A more sensible geometry will sort out any straight line or twitchy issues. Get less toe out at rear and less toe in on front.

I'll whatsapp Ian and ask him to confirm what he's added.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Johngreen537 said:
If you bought the modulo fitted face lift from TGT, it would be Ians (@DC5curn) old car

He imported via TGT and swapped it for something else quite quickly (because he always does lol).

Meistwr generally are a UK addition so would have expected them to have been installed here. A more sensible geometry will sort out any straight line or twitchy issues. Get less toe out at rear and less toe in on front.

I'll whatsapp Ian and ask him to confirm what he's added.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
That would be decent of you, thanks. I had a look around but couldn't any history on here for the car. It's been in the country since July.

Crackfox

Advanced Member
Got it checked out today. The near side was out of alignment which I now fixed and handling much better. The rear is still put but cannot be adjusted

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk