New championship white DC5 owner

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
Hi guys.

Im a new dc5 owner after picking up a 2001 championship white this weekend. Traded my swift sport for it and couldn't be happier. I believe the previous owner was on the forum, registration R13 TEG?

My swift sport -

Spent the weekend cleaning the dc5 and it's now pretty immaculate. After a full machine polish and detail the paintwork has come back better than I ever expected! The car has a mugen twin loop and is sat on eibach springs but is otherwise standard.

My other car is pictured too, a group n swift sport cup rally car, currently mid rebuild though.

Got some small plans for the integra but I'm pretty new to them so any advice welcome

Cheers
Dan

coconat

Advanced Member
Welcome Dan, loving the Teg! Looks lovely and clean, also love your 'Teg' plate please tell me you're keeping it :D

tico_87

Advanced Member
Yeah that used to belong to member here which unknowingly sold it to a trader. He wasn't too happy when he found out.

Nice buy im sure your happy with it :D

Edit: your swift has two of my favorite wheels

DC5RS

DC5
Welcome to the forum mate, indeed nice reg plate. Wish in my country we had this kind of regs

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
Cheers guys, it is a really nice example. The teg plate is definitely staying yes! Especially with mine being an older model, helps hide the age.

Unfortunately I bought it off that trader and paid a premium but it was the car I wanted so that was that, I was aware after seeing the original advert on pistonheads.

The sa3r's and nt03's are both still in my garage. Pretty much my two favourite sets of wheels and took a long time to find! 17x7j et33 and 17x7j et35, so I believe they'll fit the dc5 and sit quite nicely?

Mark_teg

Staff member
Welcome to the forum :)

Have a good look around, lots of useful info on here.
I'm not sure that offset will fit on the DC5! OEM is et60 so you need to be in the 40's really. Worth a try though..

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Welcome, Car looks great. :)

Bet the dealer had fun parking the Teg in that gap with its tight turning circle. haha

Love those swifts. My mum has one and I must say it is a great fun little car. They sound supercharged when you get them going, haha very nippy. Be interesting to see if those NT03's fit. :)

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
Yeah the swifts are seriously underrated cars! I've had mine for three years, and has the swift rally car for one year and they've both been great.

Anyway I trial fitted an nt03 on the front of the teg and it looked as though it was going to fit fine, but was about as wide as I wanted to go. I think I've read that people are running similar offsets without issues?

Ill trial fit one on the rear this weekend

Cheers for the warm welcome :)

Dan

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
Will do mate. I know the fronts fit, but forgot to get a picture. Just a bit worried about the rears catching on the arch lip. But judging off the threads on here people are running similar set ups with no rubbing, unless they had the arches rolled?

Dan

tico_87

Advanced Member
They wont fit on your dc5, don't waste your time and sell them to me :p

Kidding aside, im sure will look good BUT better on my blue 5 haha get some pics up when you've trial fitted them.

laurennpenfoldd

Advanced Member
Good to see you on here Dan, I must of beaten you to it when it came to signing up but I guess you've beaten me to owning one! Looks great :)

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
laurennpenfoldd said:
Good to see you on here Dan, I must of beaten you to it when it came to signing up but I guess you've beaten me to owning one! Looks great :)
Penfold youre gonna have to get one bought asap! will you be swapping soon? or continuing to show the swift this year?

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
I didn't trial fit the wheels this weekend, although I can already see that the rears will need rolling to accommodate them, and I don't really want to risk paintwork. Kind of swaying towards selling the nt03's and sa3r's and then holding out for a set with an et40 or similar.

Waxoyl'd the arches and repainted the rear callipers to look oem this weekend though. Will start a proper owners thread one day this week.

Dan

Ramz007

Advanced Member
Lovely car, was interested in it aswell but sold to you before i could go view it :p