New Clutch Required

storment

Does anyone know of a good place around the Cambridge area to get a new Clutch installed?
After an engine warning light issue that 2 Honda dealerships couldn't diagnose as a lambda sensor I've kind of lost faith in them.
I've recently moved so no longer have access to the trusty mechanic's I'd usually use.
I have been given the name of one by word of mouth. If I brought the clutch is it quite a simple job for a good mechanic that hasn't worked on a dc5 before?
Thanks for the advice.......

storment

Fantastic, think I'll pick one up online and find someone to fit then.
Just to check is it the same clutch as a Honda Civic Type R EP3?

PeteMTBer

I just picked my car up tonight after getting new OEM clutch. All I can say is, why did I not do it sooner!
Clutch pedal is super light and I can now change gear with 1 finger. Even from cold it just slid into 2nd like a hot knife through butter.

Got to rack up 500 miles of normal driving now before I can give it some stick.

172Ben

Advanced Member
Bedding in a clutch??

Never heard of that before. I've had paddle and OE and nailed them from the off with no problems. It's not going to get better with time IMO.

beppe786

Beppe
i changed my own clutch in my ep3 just make sure sub fame bolts are super tight.. or after a while your get a clunk hard cornering and stopping they come loose