New DC05 Buyer

tedg

Advanced Member
Hi All, I am a newbie here and will like to become a ‘teg owner.

The time has come for me to buy a new car, and since I am young and foolish, I feel it is time for something sporty.

I have done a couple of track days in a DC02 back in 2002, and that was great fun. I was recently looking at the new ctr’s and took once for a test drive. It seems to be great to be back in the ‘vtec’ range, but just not the same as the ‘teg. It also occurred to me I can easily buy a DC05 for similar money.

When I am looking at DC05 imports I am planning about:
1. 13000GBP for car
2. 800GBP insurance (clean 25yo with NCB)
3. Approx 400GBP per quarter for running costs ex. Fuel and tax
4. Approx 5-700GBP per track day

I hope someone can advise if the cost above are realistic and have any tips when buying a ‘teg? Such as under seal/import documents/important service points/what is ‘standard’/classic tell tale signs of anything wrong/dodgy etc etc

What are the costs if you buy in Japan, I have a very good friend living there for 2 years at the moment.

Anyways, hi all and speak soon.

//Ted

tedg

Advanced Member
Also I know i can HPI for a 'cat-d' etc, but how do i know about it's life before importation?

truffs

Crikey mate someone realalistic about the running costs for once! The track day one is a little steep mind. I would say approx £300 + depending on length and course etc.

welcome to the club :!:

all the other information should be avaliable in the search engine, not being rude but got to shoot as a job has just come in.

tedg

Advanced Member
OK, just about in my budget, cheers truffs....

I have found a 'teg i think would be good, could be considered a little cheap...... but can't have a look till saturday, and i am still unsure of it's life before import i.e. if it was under any major repair. Just imported so it had about 2years of Japan ownership. what can i do about this? I was told it is a grade 4

David Fox

Advanced Member
Mine was a grade 4 and as Duncs says, ask for the auction sheet. Grade 4 is basically very good condition although it may have a few minor scratches that can be repaired easily. Mine had a couple on the front bumper and one on the rear, which i got sorted professionally by a mate who owns a garage (they respray Ferraris and Porsches so a Honda was no problems). I also got the service and sheets with the car, although they are in Japanese they are simple to follow.

There are a few mint ones for sale on this site so have a look mate, every bloke i know on here looks after there cars like they were their children, just don't speak to spo_gen as he tries to bankrupt you by getting you to mod your car! :wink:

Dave :shock:

tedg

Advanced Member
AAaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhh............ i want a DC5 so badly :evil:

tedg

Advanced Member
For some of the 'tegs around you can buy an older NSX!......... but thats not for me :wink:

b12oon

Advanced Member
if there was a way of knowing what had happened to the cars in japan then a lot of dodgy garages here would be bankrupt by now because they would have loads of cars waiting to sell, if only you had a mate in japan im sure they could do some sort of hpi on it but you wont have the old reg plate in japan.