New DC5 coming to the NW :)

ste01

Advanced Member
Hiya been on here about a month and thought it was about time I made a proper post!

Finally took the plunge and bought a DC5 a couple of weeks ago at auction..... so should be actually getting it sometime in September when all the sun has gone :(

Anyway its pretty stock, just has some aftermarket exhaust with bung... if anyone recognises what make it is let me know! It's also got a tanabe strut brace and...surprisingly a full set of mats and the parcel shelf! Definitely got lucky with it, it's only done 55k ish miles and is a nice clean grade 4.5 with only 1 owner.

Can't wait for it!

Best colour right? :p lol. Would be good to hear what people think, and from some other newbies too and see what plans they have for theirs, especially in the Northwest! All the Tegs seem to be miles away when I looked at buying on pistonheads etc. Think I've only ever seen one DC5 up round here, it'd be cool to see some more about...just not too many! ;)

Ste

ste01

Advanced Member
Cheers, I'm near Manchester. I should have probably said that... haha

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Looks good man! I'm a newbie too from North Wales and have just bought an Arctic Blue one as well! Got mine from Torque GT in Devon, here's a pic.

Where did you get yours from?

No immediate plans for mine as I don't have any money atm but I would eventually like a noisier exhaust and an intake, probably go for the Tegiwa as it's cheaper than a Gruppe M and I couldn't justify spending 1k on an intake although they do sound great.

Long term would like to go down the Supercharger route. Hope you enjoy it man!

ste01

Advanced Member
I'm getting mine through Torque GT as well! They have been spot on and helpful. Your DC5 is well nice, I actually looked at it when I went to Torque to decide whether I wanted a DC5 or a S15 Spec R. Still prefer the look of the S15 but the interior was so bad it just ruined the car for me, I was gutted!. They don't justify the money they go for currently in my eyes.

I agree with you wanting to supercharge it for extra power, that's the only route power wise I'd consider. Don't see the point in throwing £1000's at it trying to tune it N/A for road use. The few extra hamsters you get out of the engine wouldn't add anything as useful on the road as the extra torque from charging. Still don't know if I'd bother charging in the long run though, for the money it costs it's half a Supra TT! Plus I'm keeping my Revo tuned Ibiza tdi anyway as a daily so I can always throw a fraction of the money at that and see bigger/more effective gains should I want a faster road car :) I'm looking forward to testing it against my teg when it comes in september, it's gonna be fun :)

mark2390

Advanced Member
Ive had mine a few months and from northwest as well, we will have to have a norhwest meet when you get yours :)

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Apple

Advanced Member
Hi pal.. Welcome to the fourm.. Also based up south Manchester.. Give us a holla when you got your beast on the road:)

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Hi and welcome!

To answer one of your questions, yes blue is the best colour, soon be overtaking the Creams!!!

Both your Arctic's look great, but of course they as they're the same as mine, well when I bought it anyway :)

Have fun chaps!!

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Welcome and congratulations. That exhaust could be a number of makes with the angle of that photo e.g. Vision N1

Btw, it looks like your wheel centre caps are missing.

ste01

Advanced Member
Thanks guys. Yeah I know about the centre caps, already got replacement ones :)

Oh yeah what do most people do for undersealing on DC5's? I've seen company's offering waxoyl underseal that includes injecting it into all cavities/pillars/doors etc. Is this over the top? Do most people just do a basic underseal and leave it at that?