New DC5 Owner from South Africa

Skunk257

Advanced Member
Howdy all.

As the title suggests, I am from Johannesburg South Africa.
I recently purchased myself a 2005 ITR.

I had been deliberating whether to buy it as I already had a JDM Spec EP3 CTR as well as a JDM Spec Evo 9 GSR.
After much looking around and seeing the differences between the Preface and Facelifts (Preface in champ white being my favourite) downside being that these cars are nearly impossible to find down here in SA or even in the neighboring countries. And when the crop up with 28000kms on the clock its rather hard to say no to.

So after some chatting with the previous owner and negotiating we settled on a sale agreement and off we went to go and collect the vehicle.
It had 28642 Kms on the clock when i collected it. It had a few small niggles which I was aware of prior to collection, buggered front right wheel speed sensor, tatty rims and the remains of a bodged sound install. Aside from that the car was in very good condition for its age and considering it sat in storage for the past 2 years.

Plans thus far with the car is to give it a solid detail to bring the paintwork back up to spec as its in dire need of a polish.
Change the Advan AVS F7 to a set of Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s.
Put on a new exhaust (havent decided on what yet) like the Mugen twin loop which the EP3 has.
Fix a small exhaust leak by the header and cat.
Sort the common rear light seals.
Invest in a new set of side decals, or debadge it completely ... but I am a bit of an OEM person.
Adjust rear bumper while sorting rear lights.
Fix door cards and get a radio that works to the local frequencies.
Install a set of coilovers, thinking of a set of BC's (Opinions welcomed)

For now let me share some pictures of the car.

Thank you for reading!

Comments and crits welcome!
Learnt a ton from this forum already! :)

spooke

Advanced Member
Welcome! That looks really clean and VERY low mileage :eek:

Plans sound great, coilover wise I just fitted some MeisterR Zeta CRD+ and from my first impressions they feel great, OEM ride but with the benefit of a stiffer spring rate and 32-way adjustable damping. We also get 10% off on this forum, although I'm unsure about them shipping to you in South Africa, best to give them a email or PM.

I also really enjoy reading about how people look after/modify their cars in different countries so I'll be following this closely :)

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Looks nice! Id look at getting a few bolsters though.. Must have been a fatty driving it for 28k kms as your bolsters are badly worn on the seats!

Like the sound of the upgrades though! Keep us updated!

Skunk257

Advanced Member
Thanks guys :)

The mileage when I got it.

Will message the guys about the coilovers and see what they can quote to get it down to this part of the globe.

With regards to the bolster, when it was stored they left a box of some sort leaning against the bolster, dont ask me why they did but its rather frustrating :(

Some pics of the rims going on the car, just need to get them redone without the red lip.

Skunk257

Advanced Member
That site is awesome, helps solve my recaro issues in the ep3 as well, thank you very much :D

They are indeed very BTCC, was the look I was aiming for :xgrin:
For colour, undecided on either matte black, satin black or a darkish gun metal.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Love the facelift in vivid blue. very nice colour when the sun hits.

Welcome to the forum bud, I reckon a gun metal would suit it well, still dark but a bit of a shine when the sun hits them.... black on blue is a bit hit and miss for me personally....But hey, that's why we are all different :)

Plenty of helpful people and info on here, enjoy :)

Skunk257

Advanced Member
Thank you for the kind words everyone!

So small bit of an update or should I maybe start a thread over in the gallery section? (Admins / Mods to advise)

For now ill just chuck it here.

Couldn't handle the white rims any longer, my new rims arrived on Friday morning early and went straight to the wheel shop to get them put on, they haven't been painted to my liking but couldn't take them any longer.
Next on the list now is to drop it as the rims now highlight how 4 x 4 it is, while getting alignment done we found where the small exhaust leak was, right on the manifold, so need to get that attended to ASAP!

A few snaps, need to get the car washed again.

Thanks for reading, ps - the rims aren't a finished job yet (Not a massive fan of the red pin stripe)