New Dc5 owner from Stoke on Trent

Badge46

Hello

Ive been on the forum for a couple of weeks doing a bit of browsing looking for a Dc5.
I managed to drop on with a car up for sale from an owner on here Wardy7 who was just up the road in middlewich.
My new car was between a Dc2 or Dc5 and as soon as i saw the Dc5 on friday i fell in love with it. On the drive home i new i had made the correct choice with the Dc5.

Its pretty much standard apart from a Gruppe M induction kit which sounds awesome.

I am a Honda nutcase

Last 10 years of driving :-

Mk2 Crx vtec
Championship white 96spec Dc2
2.2 BB4 prelude Vtec
Mr2 turbo (rubbish)
98spec Vogue silver Dc2
S2000

Spent 5 hours yesterday cleaning just the outside of the car giving it a wash, T-cut and finished with a polish and hard wax.

Its going for its mot on Tuesday so fingers crossed. Also need the bonnet catch looking at because its slightly loose which means the bonnet wont completley shut properly.

I will get some pictures up as soon as i can

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Welcome to the fold, I'm sure Porthos will be along soon to give you evils for using t-cut ;)

mario_v

Advanced Member
welcome to the forum and welcome to the few that own dc5's in stoke on trent lol (i believe theres only 4 of us with myself and the mrs included!)

MattTeg

welcome to DC5 ownership Lee, you have made a good choice, miss mine and your old Vogue Dc2 but my DC5 makes up for it. Good choice. Oh and Gruppe Ms rock.

Well have too meet up have a catch up. Enjoy mate

Matt

Badge46

welcome to DC5 ownership Lee, you have made a good choice, miss mine and your old Vogue Dc2 but my DC5 makes up for it. Good choice. Oh and Gruppe Ms rock.

Well have too meet up have a catch up. Enjoy mate

Matt
Hey Matt. After only two weeks of ownership i am loving the Dc5 and i think it is my best car to date. As good as the Dc2 was to own the Dc5 is better as its easier as an everyday driver, defo wont be having coilovers on this one :lol: .
S2000 was a nice car but to arse end happy for me.

Badge46

Welcome.. Was thinkin of get a mr2 ages ago.. Are they that rubbish
After wanting one for ages i sold it after 2 months.
Once you get used to the boost kicking in from the turbo it all becomes very boring.
You cant throw them into a corner or floor it out of the corner like you can with a Teg.

People may disagree with me but that was just my experience.

Wardy7

Advanced Member
It was a VERY sad an emotional day for me when I sold this car having had it for over 6 years and i'm still missing her now! :(
That said, she's gone to a very good home to a proper Honda nut so all is good with that regards!
I had hoped to get an FD2 soon after but none have come up at the right price and right miles so I'm still sat here having to borrow the wifes car as and when I need to drive anywhere!

fly chicken

Advanced Member
welcome to forum !
i go to stoke on trent every tuesday, only seen once cw dc5 , not much tho , mine is cw with spoon sunstripe , bronze sa90 wheels .

Badge46

MattTeg said:
Was that you i seen yesterday lee, tegs looking sweet.
It most certainly was mate. I knew as soon as i saw the wheel colour on yours that it was going to be you.

MattTeg

Hahah how come u knew by the wheel colour. They are just my trackday wheels as went to oulton park yesterday.

I have white fn 2 alloys for street looks alot better with them on.

Yours looks mega clean though. Anything planned for it??

Badge46

MattTeg said:
Hahah how come u knew by the wheel colour. They are just my trackday wheels as went to oulton park yesterday.

I have white fn 2 alloys for street looks alot better with them on.

Yours looks mega clean though. Anything planned for it??
I remember the funky wheel combo on your Evo. I just knew it was going be you.
As for mine having a new set of Goodyear eagle f1's fitted next week, got nowt else planned at moment as i am really pleased with it
although i have a real annoying rattle in dash and slight knock sound from front of car when i lock wheel left when moving slow?