New DC5 owner Hampshire

Big_phil

Hi all, it's been about two weeks into Teg ownership and I'm loving it! I've come from an evo 7 and while the boost and screamer pipe was missed to begin with, the handling and vtec more than makes up for it!

Will put up a separate build thread in a week or so, as I've already got a fairly decent stockpile of parts and some out for delivery...

Looking to get out and meet some of you over the year and see plenty of track days.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big_phil

Cheers Yeah it's got a fair few braces, tein coilovers and then the mugen front bumper, varis Kevlar bonnet and m&m rear spoiler. Supposedly it has a FRSU but I can see any aftermarket camber bolts/arms, so not entirely sure. A good base to start with that's for sure!

kazmo

Advanced Member
welcome.. love the M&M and mugen bumper but the front plate needs sorting lol

Big_phil

Yeah I know! What's the point of putting it right in front of the rad... will be removing altogether or get a smaller plate to the side.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Welcome!

Just get a sticky plate.

I've moved back to a DC5 after a fling with an Evo 9. I don't miss it all that much TBH, the DC5 is so much more fun, plus the MLR is full of tossers.

Big_phil

Cheers Chris, to be fair seeing your thread was probably nail in the coffin for the Evo. It's a much more engaging and rewarding drive!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Over on the MLR? My membership has run out and I'm out of posts, otherwise I'd have updated it by now.

You're the second person now from there to get a DC5. I should be on commission! :D

Big_phil

Cheers! Yeah he was a genuine chap to be fair. Got a stockpile of parts for it, which I'll put a proper thread up soon.

Big_phil

Thanks for the heads up Chris, I would have liked to have attended this but can't make it! Doh! I'll keep a eye out for any in the future, you often down this way?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
No not really, mainly knock about between Gloucester, Fleet and Castle Coombe when there's a track day on.

As a rule I don't do static or pub meets, I'm most likely at track days. With JAE being the exception of course.

C2AXG

Advanced Member
I've seen this car around and met the owner before, used to have yellow tinted headlights...
im in hedge end :xgrin: