New DC5 Owner

P1SDW

Hi all,

Happy new year!

This is my first post here to the DC5 Forum. I picked up a nice 2004 (54) Honda Integra DC5 Type R - Facelift in Vivid Blue Pearl just before Christmas. I've always had Japanese cars in the past including an array of Impreza STI's both UK and JDM. I have bought the DC5 as a fun car and to enjoy the B roads with the occasional track day. Its sitting along my other cars being an 05 UK STI running around 400HP & a 2010 Porsche 997.2 Turbo S running the ESMOTOR ES700 kit (700WHP - 800Flywheel). As I work for ES, we have gone to town on that car. It currently holds the world record times for a full bolt on, stock turbo, pump fuel/street tyre setup.

Although the DC5 may seem a crazy option, it has a lot of similarities to the others. I enjoy the mechanical steering and lack of modern day technology. I find it just as fun to drive and it's bone stock! Granted it's not as fast but there is no point in me trying to make it go faster in a straight line as it will never be the Porsche. To put it into perspective, in the time it takes the DC5 to hit 100mph - the Porsche will be knocking on 180mph and still pulling very hard all the way to 220MPH GPS!

I'll upload some photos soon of it. All I have done is brought it home, given it a snow foam, clay, wash, dry, one coat of polish by hand and one coat of wax by hand. It was previously owned by a lady who used to go to some shows with it so I was off to a good start. I have last week a set of coilovers, new grooved and vented discs all round along with new pads. Also I have added a Skunk 2 Black Gear knob. I will add some more bits and pieces as we go.

For now here are the cars! If you want to see more photo's, my social media outlet are: www.instagram.com/P1SDW & Facebook - Steve ESMOTOR

Thanks.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Welcome to the forum Steve,

We all get called crazy for loving the DC5 so much but its a cracking car and until you've had one your oblivious to this :)

Chewy

Advanced Member
Welcome to the forum Steve!

Sounds like an impressive fleet you have going on there, the Porsche sounds very interesting indeed.

Well done on choosing the best colour too. ;)

p1tse

Advanced Member
Welcome

I recognise one of the photos of the dc5 from your Instagram page, think it‘s Lauren old motor you have

Nice collectionyou have

cameron1589

Welcome Steve, sounds like another great addition to the club. Wonder if the previous owner was a member here too?

P1SDW

Hey guys! Thanks for the words. Yes it was Laurens. I did the sale on her new RS3 and took her Dc5 off her hands :xgrin:

It won't let me upload any pics here for some reason :(