new figures from system r today

mikegsi

Staff member
system r today for a few bits (fast road setup, b&m shortshifter and retune)

basically previous figures were

248.9bhp @ 7898rpm and 189.0lbft @ 5571rpm

after changing from spoon b-pipe and oem backbox to the amuse r1 titan my figures are now

250.2bhp @ 7797rpm and 191.8lbft @ 5584rpm

i didnt expect massive rises and am happy with the figures produced now, nothing else has been altered or changed performance wise, so the changes are as a result of the exhaust

the power graph looks a lot smoother too, i'll try and post it up though dont have a scanner :wink:

paul has put my previous and current runs on the printout for comparison

the shortshifter feels much better too, a more solid gearchange, opted for the 25% difference rather than the 35% one, though i can change it if i wanted too, as for the fast road setup, couldnt really tell on the way home, roads were greasy and spent most of the journey at around 10mph due to congestion!!

once i get a decent day/traffic conditions i'll evaluate that further :D

Evs

Advanced Member
Interesting result Mike, were the runs done on the same day or just when you had the parts on? If they weren't on the same day then I'm not sure the difference is significant tbh.

Did you have a different exhaust on before the Spoon B-pipe? HKS or something? Any figures for that?

mikegsi

Staff member
no mate the runs werent done on the same day, last results were done last july, i was aware that the differences wouldnt be significant, but as above am still happy with figures :wink: as has been covered before numerous times, these are just figures, the main thing is how she drives, and she does seem to pull slightly more lower down the revs

i cant really compare the hks figures, that was done with the injen on rather than gruppem, and without a few other engine mods (heatshield gasket, spoon tb to name the main ones) and was also done on their older higher reading calibration :wink:

paul did comment however that i had a good strong engine compared to some others he has done:D

Evs

Advanced Member
Wasn't knocking it, just pointing out that a gain of about half a percent (especially on different days) is well down in the noise.

Main thing is you're happy with it :wink:

Jayk

Advanced Member
seem rather high, esp the torque!

good test for difference on parts upgrade though!