New front H badge needed

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
Hi guys, had a productive day today managed to finally get around to fitting my aftermarket hid kit along with my new main beam bulbs but for now i have left the bumper off as im looking at doing a few other bits ie new front H badge question is where can i get one from do they sell geniune ones on ebay? or isit main dealer if so anyone know how much they will rip me off for one??

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Dave at Steels Honda, was about £55 when I got mine :)

http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23918-trader-info/

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
ok cheers mate just seen some on ebay from carbon_culture selling front and rear for £32 you seen these? Or has anyone bought these if so feedback welcome? i take it they are not genuine but look very good and are the same size.

tomlin

Advanced Member
i have a carbon one for prefacelift brand new for £15 from the above, reason i am selling as the facelift one is not the same. i got the badge and back plate for about £40

shane_blueteg

Advanced Member
i got one from carbon culture for the front. its perfect. i needed to grind away two plastic plug bits on it though but it fitted perfect and looks oem

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
As above, meant to be a perfect fit the seller said and also says he has fitted loads to the DC5 without modification.

Really I think not. but yeah shave away the lugs and your fine.

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
so they look alright then just seems crazy to pay £50 each for them when you can get two for £32 plus p+p how do they actually fit i havent looked yet i see there is 2 screws behind the grill to remove but i take it that removes the back plate is the badge then stuck on to this???

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-INTEGRA-DC5-FRONT-CARBON-BADGE-prefacelift-only-/270936800900?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f15177e84

This is just the badge you need to retain the original holder.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Yeah sounds easy it's not.

Messy job as the original badge is stuck on pretty good lol.

Gordon

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
£40 delivered for front and rear badges, not bad.

I'm tempted to go for the blue badges, but not sure how it would look...

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I bought a pair of the badges from the guy in Ireland. I was sent a correct one but the other is too large, typical.

I'll replace the front anyway, since that is worse condition, but will ask about a swap or whatever for the other

They do seem good quality, they don't have the clear plastic casing like the OEM does, but rather you can feel the metal of the H.

jonahdc5

Advanced Member
tricker_luke just done the exact same thing lol just sent bk the larger one today was told they will swap it for a smaller one quite good badges for the price i thought exactly the same size as oem and do look very similar.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Only trouble is him being in Ireland, and I want it for Japfest ha. Did he offer to refund postage?