New GRID game = DC5 love!

coconat

Advanced Member
Hey folks,

So i've been desperate to post this for just under a year now but due to a disclaimer I signed I wasn't allowed until they released the car list and DC5s are finally on! If any of you are going to buy the new Grid release make sure to drive the Integra DC5 on there as the noise it makes is 100% my little brum!

Recording was done at the Sywell autodrome in Northampton and I was told my car was one of the cleanest sound recordings thus far (maybe they were just being nice...but still!) had an amazing day hooning up and down the runway doing all sorts of tasks for recording whilst all the planes were grounded for us :D

Guys from Codemasters were really awesome about it. got lots of lovely freebies and a copy of the game soon, as well as my name in the credits

Also managed to grab a few snaps myself as he got kitted up with some tasty (expensive!) recording equipment. I'll post some videos too as soon as I can get them uploaded:

Dan Evans

Advanced Member
Wasn't sure whether to buy it or not, but the dc5 is on it so now it's a must own!

Very cool having your car used for recordings too, nice pics

Dan

Chewy

Advanced Member
Now that's insane! You lucky bugger...Good going.

I'm not completely jealous at all.

Rom

Advanced Member
Wow, thats impressive! You lucky sod!

How did it come about ? Was it something your involved with anyway ?

DC5RS

DC5
Good job Nat, are we talking about Grid autosport? If so I buy it tomorrow !!!!

coconat

Advanced Member
Aye it's GRID autosport :) They promised me the model would be a white Facelift, but I've spotted screenshots with a black one so who knows!

They were asking for volunteers on a forum which someone I know uses- he told me to contact them so I did and got the place!

It was a 4.5 hour drive to get there but they put me in a hotel overnight costs all covered etc.

Ironically I don't have a new PS or Xbox..so I have no idea how i'm actually going to play the game :(

DC5RS

DC5
coconat said:
Aye it's GRID autosport :) They promised me the model would be a white Facelift, but I've spotted screenshots with a black one so who knows!

They were asking for volunteers on a forum which someone I know uses- he told me to contact them so I did and got the place!

It was a 4.5 hour drive to get there but they put me in a hotel overnight costs all covered etc.

Ironically I don't have a new PS or Xbox..so I have no idea how i'm actually going to play the game :(
Is coming out on PC as well. will definitely pre-order it !

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Nice work.

Is your car completely standard or will the game have an aftermarket DC5 tone to it?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
lol, funny to see this, i have worked for codemasters for the last few years supplying cars for the various games, S2000 noises have been ours for the past few as have other na hondas, ep3 turbos have been cars from Tdi north etc, i havent done this last game as they were very difficult to deal with, cancelling cars at the last minute etc, when people had taken days off etc, and i was getting a raw deal, and the guys started to go behind my back using my contacts to source cars themselves which was naughty.

good fun though to blast up and down sywell for the day.

the best think for me tho was having my own car avaialble as a skin in one of the older forza games

Shiro_DC5

No Wayyyyyy My missus works at Sywell, I was there on Saturday night for the Blades Ball. No DC5's but they did have an Aston one77!
Funnily enough I was asking her last month wether there'd be any chance I could 'borrow' the runway! :D She said it's not up to them (2excel aviation), but the bloke that owns the aerodrome. :( (I was thinking about those charity events I've seen elsewhere).

Now I'm going to have to check this out too since I have a white facelift :D

Cool news!

coconat

Advanced Member
LewisK20 said:
Nice work.

Is your car completely standard or will the game have an aftermarket DC5 tone to it?
Buddyclub exhaust so it will sound beefier :)

mark2390

Advanced Member
I was going to buy this game..but not used my ps3 for a while..come to turn it on the other day and its broke :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

coconat

Advanced Member
mark2390 said:
I was going to buy this game..but not used my ps3 for a while..come to turn it on the other day and its broke :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Hit it with a hammer!

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Nat how long ago did you do this? I'm well impressed!

Car looked great aswell! But does that mean there will be no pre-facelift?

coconat

Advanced Member
It was about a year ago now- I think the screenshots of the black Teg were Pre-FLs but I'm still hoping they might have a few different skins for it!