NEW Integra Type R?

taz_v6

Now that the Dc5 production has ended is anyone aware of a new version of the integra being developed or do you guys think it could be a long wait?

It might just be strategy to release the new Civic Type r and keep the Teg for JDM.

* Dan have'nt seen the Teg over the past few months is it still flying around?

ausR

Advanced Member
its not that dc5 has ended production, its the Integra/RSX badge that is finished, for the time being anyway. in the same way that the CRX and prelude aren't made anymore

dan the man

Advanced Member
taz_v6 said:
Now that the Dc5 production has ended is anyone aware of a new version of the integra being developed or do you guys think it could be a long wait?

It might just be strategy to release the new Civic Type r and keep the Teg for JDM.

* Dan have'nt seen the Teg over the past few months is it still flying around?
that meant for me?

taz_v6

Replacement

Aye

av'nt seen the dc5 around burnley pendle...just wondering if u still got it or if its sold? plus i saw the cw dc5 in burnley facelift model not long ago. (cant remember who owns it)

before you ask, i sold the jordan and will be replacing this year with any of the following....suggestions welcome with some kind of justification.

Integra Dc5 facelift model in white or black
S2000
Nissan 350z
Golf r32 mk4 model
E46 bmw m3
Lancer evo 8

they are all different in their own way but i'd be looking for true drivers car without having the urge to replace it for atleast the next 5 years.

crxvtec

Advanced Member
E46 M3 - go for the CS model (last of the line) as it has the best bits of the CSL as well as the comforts of the regular car. The rest are not a patch on this modern classic.

matt b

Advanced Member
crxvtec said:
E46 M3 - go for the CS model (last of the line) as it has the best bits of the CSL as well as the comforts of the regular car. The rest are not a patch on this modern classic.
:xstupid:

the old man has an standard 04 E46 great car and great engine, for the N/a purist it has to be one of the great 8)

dan the man

Advanced Member
yup still about. CS is the pick of the bunch..

BUT BMW WARRANTIES far too expensive and fuel bills etc.. :?:

be cheaper to run a porsche :D

All others nice in my book. 8)

taz_v6

turbo5 - i think yours is the only facelift dc5 around this area? what can i say ... minter, what colour interior hs it?.

guys, spent some time on the m3 owners forum and to surprise they have some horrific stories of engine and dealership problems. plus they sound to be v.high maintenance.

e46 m3 CS roughly £25-30k used erm. Or dc5 and s2k total £30k. But im not planning on spending this kind of money on it. Car plus any important mods max 20k.

Dan av you put on a CF bonnet?

ADHDboy

Advanced Member
Re: Replacement

The S2000 probably fits the true drivers car best out of the bunch, however not replacing it for 5 years could be an issue depending on personal situation and if you have any other cars. They are not that practical for moving things and useless as a family car.

taz_v6 said:
S2000
they are all different in their own way but i'd be looking for true drivers car without having the urge to replace it for atleast the next 5 years.

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
Honda R cars are built tough to take abuse....am not sure s2000 can handle the same abuse, although engine is great.

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Cars are not "built to take abuse" but, by design, some are more resilient to bad practice than others, however all cars drive better if well looked after.

taz_v6

Very true, the s2k would not be pratical enough if i'm planning on keeping the car for afew years. So thats striked off the list. The m3 is also on the verge of being taken off next.

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Practical? That's the 350Z off first then - I struck it off my list for that reason. Two doors, two seats and a boot that's a) tiny and b) whatever's there is cut in half by a huuuuuuuge strut brace so you can't get much more than a gym bag in there.

The M3 is as practical as a DC5; more so if you take into account how easy it is to get people in and out of the back seats.

T666YPR

Don't know if you guys have seen THIS yet.
Prolly explains why no DC5,but it's 5-door!!

Might hang on for an import seein as sprog is coming. :roll:

I like the rear spoiler,not sure about Vauxhall-like grille and really don't like the wing mirrors!

kingston

Advanced Member
Si, get with the programme, the JDM new CTR is old news :wink:

If you want to see what one looks like in the flesh, go into your local Honda dealer and ask to look at the Hybrid Civic, its the same body shell :wink:

Ive seen one and lets just say it looks better in pics