New JDM obsessed DC5 Owner

AneesR

Hi guys,

I've just bought CrazyLegs old DC5.

I am a quite a car fanatic and like all cars really but do have a soft spot for JDM cars. I have owned previously two Honda S2000's and currently also own a Supercharged S2000 and a Big Build Mitsubishi Evo.

My Supercharged S2000:

More Info HERE:
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/my-uk-kraftwerks-supercharged-s2000-build-1134613/

My Evo:

More Info HERE:
http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=427974

I do not have that many pictures of the Integra at the moment but here are a few from the for sale advert:

The plan is to use the Integra as road/occasional trackday car. The S2000 and Evo although great fun are not the most sensible cars to be using on track. Evo's generally are bad track cars due to the 4wd system being expensive to maintain as well as the wear and tear - plus the car is highly strung at almost 600bhp and obviously there is a lot of money tied up in it too. The s2000 is fantastic on track but with it being supercharged I wanted a more forgiving car until I got my confidence up, and again I've spent loads on it. I was looking at a Clio/Civic EP3 Type R as a cheaper front wheel drive car to use on track, but then thought that I should buy a car that I've always liked so decided on the Integra DC5 - nothing against the EP3, but the Integra just looks so much more sporty to me. I plan on using the Integra/ Evo/S2000 on track days next year but the Integra is going to be my go-to car until I build up my skills. The DC5 also naturally aspirated should be very reliable too.

My plans with the DC5 are to tidy up the bodywork, fix seat bolster, do some breathing and exhaust mods, possibly fit some coilovers and get a fast road geo setup and enjoy the car!

AneesR

Crazylegs said:
Love the S2000, is that a Rotrex charger?

What ECU did you use with it?
Its an AEM V2 on the S2000 and a Syvecs on the Evo.

Thanks for the positive comments - But the summer I aim to have the DC5 up to standard too. I am so tempted to change the wheels and get someone more concave but want to avoid heavy wheels (which I know makes a difference - hence the Enkeis on my S2000 and Rays on my Evo). Any one know what the weight is of the standard DC5 17" wheels?

AneesR

Reggie91 said:
Welcome bud!

Nice s2000! Remember seeing it for sale.
Cheers. Yes I had it up for sale before I supercharged it but then decided against it and went mad.lol

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
What's the S2000 like to drive and handle in comparison to the Teg?

What colour have you had it sprayed?

AneesR

Crazylegs said:
What's the S2000 like to drive and handle in comparison to the Teg?

What colour have you had it sprayed?
The S2000 is the standard Moonrock Grey (which I really like) colour.

Can't really talk about handing etc vs the DC5 since the S2000 is off the road now for the winter and since I've had the DC5 its snowed and rained so very poor weather to test anything, but the DC5 does feel a lot like a standard S2000.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Welcome.
what a lovely car collection

Dc5 as a daily
S2k dry weekends
Evo wet weekend I guess :)