new member,what oil???sorry have searched.

gizzmo200

Advanced Member
Hi there,i know i'm going to get check the search here,but i have and can't find a straight amswer,for a standard teg which gets driven quite hard what oil do i use for a filter change?????10w40?? ,5w30????,10w60????,fully synthetic,semi synthetic??????????
Very confused about it all regarding weather etc etc
If someone would be able to help that would be fantastic.
Many thanks :)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Castrol 10w60 Edge Sport (used to be called RS) it is fully synthetic and works well in the k20 engine.
Get a filter and copper washer from Honda (same as EP3 civic)

gizzmo200

Advanced Member
Great,many thanks,that is much appriciated mate,will get down to my honda dealer for the filter,is the 10w60 ok to use all year round and how often for a change????.
Many thanks again for that :)

impne

Advanced Member
I've had the same problem

I've never know a car that people give so many opinions on oil??

My car came with 5-30 semi

I've just been to TDI and they say 5-40 fully

:?:

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
gizzmo200 said:
i know :!: :!: :? :? my honda dealer says fully synth 10w 40 :? :?
lol 10w 40's the im not quite sure but thats a safe bet answer!!! :lol:

TBH, its the 1st time i have heard 5w60!!

We use 5x30W semi synthetic

impne

Advanced Member
Well that's what I've just bought after talking to Mark when I was TDI North the other day

£10 for 5l Millers @ trade price, you can't go wrong :D

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Silkolene Pro S 5w40 has done me proud in the DC2 and DC5. A high quality oil that isn't as extortionate as Motul 300V!

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i only post from experience i have used 10w60 as do all the other tgm racecars and all the cars tgm service, we have never had a problem due to the type of oil used, when on track my oil temp is regularly 120 deg plus.

alg2500

Should I listen to my local honda garage when they say 0-30? Going to be doing an oil change soon - so glad I've seen this post.

impne

Advanced Member
My local Honda garage hasn't got a clue on anything to do with the DC5 when I've asked but it may depend on if the one near yourself has had them in before?

I'm just going with the advise from Paul and Mark at TDI because I know they know everything about these cars.