New Northants Member

sh33n

Advanced Member
Just thought I'd formally introduce myself, after speaking to a few people in my for sale thread.

I've just placed a deposit on a cream (ok championship white) DC5 with Red Interior on 28k miles.

Am coming from a Renault Clio 172 Cup and have loved the car, they are an absolute hoot to drive and in real terms doesn't feel much slower than the DC5 at all, but at the end of the day, the DC5 is a much better car all round, and I'm sure I'll be able to go much faster when I find it's limit :shock:

Obviously this is quite an exclusive club with not a lot of DC5s in the country (part of the reason I was so attracted to it) but are there many meets, etc?

Anyone got any top tips (how lame) for my first few weeks ownership, I know that a underseal wax is a must for a start, and someone already mention geometry setup (I assume this is full camber-toe setup job?)

Cheers,
Sean

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Welcome Sean...I think the best advice we could give you on here is to get used to the car`s handling etc first, and then learn to resist planting your right foot too much and drive real slow so others can drool over your Teg :wink:

sh33n

Advanced Member
Cheers mate, I'll certainly be practising the driving slow bit quite a lot when I pick her up :D

dan the man

Advanced Member
sod that get in vtec FFS!

FIRST roundabout i came upon in first drive of a DC5 i chucked her sideways....... :lol: :lol:

wasnt my car...result
! :!: :lol:

sh33n

Advanced Member
Near Kettering mate, how about you?

I never see any DC5s around this way at all, don't tell me I'm gonna start seeing loads now I've gone and bought one, lol :)

Project

Advanced Member
Work in wellingborough so not that far away, i still havnt seen another DC5 since ive had mine

Evs

Advanced Member
Welcome fella :xwavey:

Meets happen from time to time, a few of us follow the BTCC - check out the meets section on here, next one is not too far from you at Oulton Park 13/14 May. Otherwise check out http://type-r-owners.co.uk which has a wider audience and more meets.

sh33n

Advanced Member
Cheers fellas.

Can't make next weekend :( But look forward to some more meets in the future.

Project: I've never seen a DC5 around here, last time I saw one was last summer at Trax (apart from the ones I saw in garages last weekend).

Chances are if I see one around here it will be you then!

sherv14

Advanced Member
I live in northants, not seen another DC5 anywhere personally. Though people do keep telling me they have seen others.

I have previously chosen not to believe them, though it seems they must be right.