New number plate from fancyplates.com

larz

Advanced Member
I finally committed to a front number plate mount. Considered sticky plates, but ideally i didn't want to hide any of the car's bodywork.

Here's a before and after:

I got the itr-dc5.com url put below the number:

Any comments/feedback appreciated. Must get the hole covered up. You can see vibration damage from the old mount.

P.S. Dunno if anyone noticed the county :) It's just a little reminder that the car may be from Cork, but I'm not!

UPDATE:

Closeup of the 'mount'.

The hole consealer. Made from a number plate screw cap:

vtecpang

Advanced Member
^

Any close pictures of the mount?
I could make some!?!?

It looks better in my opinion :)
(better fill that hole too ;))

larz

Advanced Member
Haha the mount is an experiment! I used the oem mount bolts, and the adhesive strips that came with the plate! I put the bolts through the adhesive strips and left one side of the protective paper strips on the adhesive strips. It's hanging from the adhesive. And rocks back and forth slightly... It's an experiment but ideally I'll get some metal strips and bend them to shape to hold the plate firm...

No clue how much it will cost to fill the hole in the bumper.. I'll let ye know if the plate falls off any time soon!

larz

Advanced Member
Smaller than standard... Nice and neat and I've heard from a lot of people that they got through the NCT no hassles...

larz

Advanced Member
Came up with a neat way of making that hole less obvious. I used one of the fittings that hide screw on number plates and adjusted it so that it fits snuggly in the hole... It now looks like a parking sensor, but better than having a hole in the bumper! I'll take pics of the 'mount' tomorrow too ...

firthy22

Advanced Member
I did the same thing but had my bumper resprayed to remove stone chips so had the hole filled and done at the same time. It's easy to make a plate holder from thin sheet aluminium and fix it using the oem bolts, and get a plate mate to the siixe you need and stick it on with sticky pads.

S

stwteg

Looks great.... not surprising none of the english boys spotted the problem.... Come on Darren ur the only one who can???