New owner help post - Please help me

Martctr

Advanced Member
Right thanks to eves for pointing me in the right direction with regards to getting my seat fixed.

Bonnet release - Mines very loose. Is this an easy DIY job to sort?

Touch up paint - I've got one stone chip and a bumper scratch to touch up. Honda stealer, or is there another place to get CW touch up from?

K-pro map - Anyone got a basic map? I bought the ecu ages ago off here but only just got the motor. Looks like I'm running completely standard (airbox + std exhaust) so I know I'm not going to get any real gains, but there must be a basic map I can use for now? PS my hondata disc has seen better days so if anyone has the basic map please email. I'm banned from buying more mods till April as the other half has put her foot down.

Vtec light. I have one of them uber expensive Do-luck lights. Is fitting the same as on the EP3? ie same ecu wire.

Oil? Same as CTR? 5-30w?

I know there is a search button, but I'm meant to be working and my net @ home isnt installed till the end of this week. Cheers guys, and hello to everyone.

Evs

Advanced Member
Download the KManager software from the Hondata website and have a look through the bundled maps. There's one called K20a2-ITR-cams or something which I uploaded to my KPro before I sold it. It ran OK in my car and the buyer seemed to think it was fine too.

Martctr

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Download the KManager software from the Hondata website and have a look through the bundled maps. There's one called K20a2-ITR-cams or something which I uploaded to my KPro before I sold it. It ran OK in my car and the buyer seemed to think it was fine too.
Top man again!

I just ordered paint through my local stealer.

LeeH

Advanced Member
Oil- Silkolene ProS 5-40 is my choice.

As for the KPRO there is a ITR map but If you cars standard and your not planning any mods yet I wouldn't personally use it.

Correct me if I'm wrong anybody.......

Evs

Advanced Member
LeeH said:
As for the KPRO there is a ITR map but If you cars standard and your not planning any mods yet I wouldn't personally use it.

Correct me if I'm wrong anybody.......
It's a fair point, there doesn't seem to be much point in swapping it at this stage tbh - if you've got the standard ECU just leave that in there until you're ready for mods (if you're planning any) and a remap.

LeeH

Advanced Member
I think your always going to run a risk on any generic map tbh.

Chief

Advanced Member
Bonnet release catch should just be a case of using a ring spanner to undo the bolts then you slide it down as much as needed, have a look in the RSX service manual, there should be a link floating around somewhere to a download.

NZITR

Advanced Member
Hondata K20a map is from a car with Injen Intake, Toda Header and Mugen Exhaust. It runs crazy rich on a standard car. I had an Injen and a 2.5" exhaust and it was still no where close. It frustated me that there was no exact map for a standard k20a but I guess it is from the USA.

Now that I'm running my full Mugen Airbox/Header/Exhaust setup it was a reasonable starting point although still a bit rich.

Martctr

Advanced Member
Hmmm just seems a shame to have the ECU sat on the side lol.

I plan on a catback and aem v1, maybe gruppem but it's quite expensive for what is a carbon box with a k&n filter. On the CTR I was running k-pro on a breathing mods map with exhaust and intake and got blinding results. Never kept the car long enough to mod it further.

LeeH

Advanced Member
Martctr said:

I plan on a catback and aem v1, maybe gruppem but it's quite expensive for what is a carbon box with a k&n filter. On the CTR I was running k-pro on a breathing mods map with exhaust and intake and got blinding results. Never kept the car long enough to mod it further.
Always map it to your own car mate :idea:

sinbad

Advanced Member
Martctr said:

If your after power, the biggest hp increase i found was the manifold, so id start there. If your after just noise then yeah cat back and filter will do the trick.
It only makes sense to get your KPRO mapped once youve done all your engine mods otherwise you'll be paying out twice for the same thing.

Martctr

Advanced Member
I see what you guys are saying, but there must be a basic map floating about for a standard ITR or one with basic mods such as cat back and induction that I can use till I get around to making serious changes and having to get it mapped properly. I had a look at the notes on the maps that come with K-pro, but couldn't find anything suitable as most had headers.

Anyone? Can't believe nobody has a map for me :wink: come on someone out there must be running K-pro with simple breathing mods or standard.

Evs

Advanced Member
Question is why are you so set on using the KPro now, when you've still got your standard ECU? There's really no point unless either you're going to get it mapped properly, or you want to sell the standard one asap :?

sinbad

Advanced Member
Martctr said:
I see what you guys are saying, but there must be a basic map floating about for a standard ITR or one with basic mods such as cat back and induction that I can use till I get around to making serious changes and having to get it mapped properly. I had a look at the notes on the maps that come with K-pro, but couldn't find anything suitable as most had headers.

Anyone? Can't believe nobody has a map for me :wink: come on someone out there must be running K-pro with simple breathing mods or standard.
I had similar mods to the ITR map that came with the KPRO and trust me it ran worse than with just my standard ecu. There where flat spots all over the place. Your really best waiting until you can get it mapped proper. Id be very surprised if you got someone elses map to run better than the standard ecu with cat back and aem.
Id wait if i where you, my car felt soo much better when it was mapped proper at TDi!

Martctr

Advanced Member
Evs said:
Question is why are you so set on using the KPro now, when you've still got your standard ECU? There's really no point unless either you're going to get it mapped properly, or you want to sell the standard one asap :?
Because of the way it changes the drive of the car?

Martctr

Advanced Member
sinbad said:
Martctr said:

I had similar mods to the ITR map that came with the KPRO and trust me it ran worse than with just my standard ecu. There where flat spots all over the place. Your really best waiting until you can get it mapped proper. Id be very surprised if you got someone elses map to run better than the standard ecu with cat back and aem.
Id wait if i where you, my car felt soo much better when it was mapped proper at TDi!
The CTR was running K-pro and a breathing map that someone off the CTR forum kindly sent to me. I had aem v1 + blueflame catback and the difference was amazing! I don't want to turn this into a street racing post but it was more than capable of pulling away from cars a normal CTR couldn't.

Sure I know rolling road is the only way to get the maximum use from it, but no point doing that if you have plans to keep adding mods.

Would of just been nice to use it rather than have it gather dust.

Looks like I'll have to keep the standard one for now.