New Owner In Sheffield

T3LLIOTT

Without including Gran Turismo or the BTCC heydays with Matt Neal piloting an orange DC5 to BTCC glory in 2005 and 2006, my first real world encounter with a DC5 with in Chris Martin's (@chrismartin) about a year ago. After a quick passenger ride I was hooked at how this thing drove and sounded.

Anyway, fast forward a year and I'm now the proud owner of a 2001 Arctic Blue DC5. After placing my order with Torque GT back in November, I had to endure the long wait while the car was in transit from Japan and after what felt like a lifetime, I finally collected my DC5 from Torque GT a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately for Chris, it came with a set of Advan wheels and few other bits so it looks very similar to his (sorry)!

IMG_7951.JPG IMG_7952.JPG IMG_7953.JPG IMG_7956.JPG IMG_75051.jpg

I haven't really had the chance to give it a proper drive yet, but I'm looking forward to doing that soon. I'll also be going down to Japfest with Chris (although not on the DC5 stand), so I look forward to meeting a few of you there. I also own a MK1 MX5 which I use on track days and when the weathers half decent, but I think I'll be taking the Teg to this show.

A special mention must go to Darren, Tristan and the team at Torque GT, as they are very helpful and (without going into too much detail) have gone the extra mile to make sure the car is correct. Also having read a few threads on this forum, I must thank you for the information shared, as it has been very helpful over the last few months.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Welcome along to DC5 ownership!

Looks like a lovely example you've got there (Much better than the one Chris ruined ;)), always nice for it to come with some cheeky aftermarket parts on too, you've struck gold with the Advans/Kaki.

Any plans for her?

Tricktyper

Advanced Member
Welcome fella!

Really clean example you have there, lovely! I do like a clean Arctic blue... What a win for it to come with Advans too. :xgrin:

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chewy said:

Looks like a lovely example you've got there (Much better than the one Chris ruined ;)), always nice for it to come with some cheeky aftermarket parts on too, you've struck gold with the Advans/Kaki.

Any plans for her?
Cheeky sod ;)

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Chewy said:

Any plans for her?
Cheeky sod ;)

T3LLIOTT

Chewy said:

Any plans for her?
Chewy said:

Any plans for her?
It was one of the reasons I went with this car, as originally I wanted a Championship White example. The wheels are in fantastic nick as well, so can't complain. Although Chris will say there not the same as they are slightly thinner (7.5J). :roll:

Plans are to do some general tidying really. I've changed the interior mirror, will be changing the double din unit and will be spraying the front bumper soon, as it has a few stonechips/gravel rash on there. Other than that, I just want to enjoy the car as much as possible and take it to shows/track days etc. I do fancy an induction kit though, as Chris's sounds much nicer (before my Kaki really kicks in ;))

Tricktyper said:
Welcome fella!

Really clean example you have there, lovely! I do like a clean Artic blue... What a win for it to come with Advans too. :xgrin:
I do like the Arctic Blue, but was really set on a Championship White example. The fact the Advans and Kaki came on the car may have swayed me decision! :wub:

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Think you should have covered your tracks in your OP too 🤣

"Anyway, fast forward a year and I'm now the proud owner of a 2001 Artic Blue DC5."

Regardless it's a lovely car matey glad to see another local! Even if you don't love it as much as your portable salon!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Tricktyper

Advanced Member
T3LLIOTT said:
It was one of the reasons I went with this car, as originally I wanted a Championship White example. The wheels are in fantastic nick as well, so can't complain. Although Chris will say there not the same as they are slightly thinner (7.5J). :roll:

Plans are to do some general tidying really. I've changed the interior mirror, will be changing the double din unit and will be spraying the front bumper soon, as it has a few stonechips/gravel rash on there. Other than that, I just want to enjoy the car as much as possible and take it to shows/track days etc. I do fancy an induction kit though, as Chris's sounds much nicer (before my Kaki really kicks in ;))

I do like the Arctic Blue, but was really set on a Championship White example. The fact the Advans and Kaki came on the car may have swayed me decision! :wub:
I see why this tempted you away from championship white! :xgrin:

Chrismartin said:
Just for the record tell it's "Arctic Blue"
I never mis-spell anything! Lol. I blame T3LLIOt, i followed his lead...

T3LLIOTT

Chrismartin said:
Think you should have covered your tracks in your OP too 🤣

"Anyway, fast forward a year and I'm now the proud owner of a 2001 Artic Blue DC5."

Regardless it's a lovely car matey glad to see another local! Even if you don't love it as much as your portable salon!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I don't know what you're talking about! :ph34r:

Tbh I haven't had chance to drive the DC5 properly yet. I guess taking the MX5 out for a drive is always an occasion/track day so is always exciting, whereas I might be just pottering around in the DC5 if you catch my drift.

:wub:

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Where abouts around Sheffield are you guys based? I've just got my hands on a 2005 DC5 FL in Vivid Blue and live in Worksop.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
CW05TEG said:
Where abouts around Sheffield are you guys based? I've just got my hands on a 2005 DC5 FL in Vivid Blue and live in Worksop.
Up at Meadowhead mate. I've got a few mates in worksop so should cross paths st some point.

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Ah OK not far then. I got chatting to a sound fella with a CW PFL while picking my daughter up from school today, perhaps he was one of your mates? He told me I should join South Yorkshire Hondas on facebook as he is one if the admins, but annoyingly I didn't catch his name.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
CW05TEG said:
Ah OK not far then. I got chatting to a sound fella with a CW PFL while picking my daughter up from school today, perhaps he was one of your mates? He told me I should join South Yorkshire Hondas on facebook as he is one if the admins, but annoyingly I didn't catch his name.
Yeah mate his names Kiri, tall quite chunky? Really nice bloke!

YENRAV

Advanced Member
Welcome 👍

I'm not too far away (Ollerton)

See you about/at the meets.