New Owner

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
Hi,

Now officially a newbie. Some of you may have noticed me lurking as a registered user for the last month.
After lots of contemplating, i've finally took the plunge and got myself a black dc5. :D
The car certainly puts a smile on your face .... which soon turns to a grin as the vtec kicks in. It seems to catch peoples attention, though that might be down to the exhaust too. Sounds different to the other teg i had driven. Gonna have to check that out and see what is fitted, possibly just a different back box.

Anyways, Hi to everyone and thanks for all your posts on this forum. They certainly helped me out in many ways.
Btw mine has one of those tab washers on the steering rod bolts even though the chassis number is outside the affected range.

chris

truffs

Hello Chris, nice to have you on board. Blacks a sweet colour :D thought about it myslef but the old type R was black so decided to have a change and blue was the colour 8)

Have a look at the meet board, we are all trying to have a get together in December, it would be nice to see a black one there.

T666YPR

Hello Mr. ex lurker :wink:

I think common colour of DC5's is about

1.C/White
2.Blue
3.Black
4.Silver
5.Red

Though I'm sure Paul (DC51 VTC) will say swop red with silver :wink:

DC5 turns more heads than any other rice rocket 8)

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the welcome.
I don't know about you, but i found it tricky choosing which colour to get. Seems to have a different "character" depending on colour... but whichever, they all look pretty damn good. 8)

chris