New Pads & Discs Front

Ross M

Advanced Member
Hi to all,

My car will be going in for a service in the new year and when it does it will need new pads and discs for the front.

As some of you may know after my accident I dont want to skimp on this area.

Are standard Honda items any good, I am guessing they are to a point.
I dont really intend to track the car, not yet anyway so just need a decent road setup.

Can people suggest the best items / parts? Does anyone know what price the standard items are off the top of there heads??

Any help opinions and thought are greatly appreciated!
Ross

Rob84

Advanced Member
It seems like the general concensus (sp) seems to be that Dixcel slotted disks and Dixcel Type Z pads take some beating as a fast road set up. I've sampled this set up first hand on LeeH's car and they're amazing in my opinion :D

rick c

Advanced Member
If you're looking for a cheap(ish) solution i'd recommend standard discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads. For the price it gives an excellent setup for road and light track use.

LeeH

Advanced Member
Upgrade your fluid and hoses....that's always a good start.

Then if you have the cash go for the Dixcel Z pads and slotted disc.......they have a very v good bite from cold and an awesome bite when you get some heat in them.

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
As mentioned, Ferrodo pads/standard discs, braided lines and change the brake fluid is more than enough for everyday use.. no need to go overboard and spend 100's if your not gonna track the car.

mikegsi

Staff member
pual g's disc/pad combo wipe the floor with the honda setup, and from what ive read on here the general consensus is that they are better than the dixcel ones

phozy888

Advanced Member
honda brembo pads.... crap...

need to change mine soon.... feels like the car dont wanna stop. :(

ds2500 or dixel type Z 's ?

Paul G

Members
Another option is the Mintex 1144 pad, a few people on here are using them & get on very well with them...Grooved discs would give them even more bite, but OEM frt discs still work very well with them.

2 piece discs will alway's be the ultimate set up on road & esp for track, but you need the £ to pay for them :|

Paul.

Ross M

Advanced Member
Thanks for everyones input and opinions! Dave @ Steels has sent me some prices for standard parts.

I think standard discs with upgraded pads is the way forward??

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
I just did a trackday morning with standard discs/DS2500 pads/braided hoses/Brembo brake fluid and was 100%... no noticeable fade...

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
the ferodo pads give off ALOT less dust than the standard pads which is happy days for trying to keep the front wheels clean!!

:D

phozy888

Advanced Member
what are the working temps of theses pads ?

i know type Z's are 850deg what about the ds2500 and the 1114's?

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
Is not important how hot the pad can run, Important thing is how low the Temperature can the pad stays and give you the same braking power consistently. High working temperature is bad for bearing, caliper seals and will affect suspension performance :wink: