New radiator and AC condensor?

Vtequila

Dutchy
Hey all, on the day i went to tectylate my teg the guy told me im about to need a new radiator. I made a picture fastly and this is the only one i found important to make at that time, currently the teg is under a car cover to have a small "winter" nap till February :) :

Could anyone see by this picture if i need a new one, currently im not having problems with the heater or airco. The grill of the airco looks like the same.

Found a potential radiator but havent found anything yet for ac. Its a Mishimoto Aluminium Radiator.

sinbad

Advanced Member
OEM, Mishimoto, and Koyo seem to be the best rads available. Koyo and OEM being the best.
I dont thibk theres much choice for a AC rad, so either oem or bespoke i think.
If you dont have a leak and you dont have any problems then you dont need to change your radiator..

leejw87

Spoon Whore
That's the aircon condenser which sits in front of the radiator and that's what takes the punishment from stones etc... It's doesn't look too bad to be honest and unless you have lost aircon gas from it due to a leak I wouldn't waste my money on buying a new one.

Vtequila

Dutchy
Ok your opinions makes the situation interesting. If it wont be much of a need due damage, oldness or not functional id like to spare the cash to get a new one instead. Need to be sure though as its partially important for the cooling of the motor right ?

I thought the radiator and AC condensor are placed behind eachother on the JDM DC5.

Made a screenshot of the RSX manual to have a guide :

leejw87

Spoon Whore
The aircon condenser sits in front of the rad
And serves to change the aircon gas to a liquid
So does not effect engine temperature.

Chances are the actual engine radiator is in perfect condition as it's not exposed like the condenser is....

Personally I wouldn't change it unless it stops your aircon from working.

Vtequila

Dutchy
I doubt the radiator is in good condition because when it was on a bridge for the last time i saw it, the radiator grill looked almost like the same as the AC condensor state is show on the picture.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
unless either are actually damaged and leaking i would not change them, the honda coolant rad is pretty good quality and looking at the picture i peosonally wouldnt change either.