New scottish owner

joiner

Advanced Member
just popped on to say hello to all you fellow members and introduce myself. Purchased a CW 2001 dc5 back in February from dcy as a project as am ocd and wanted a car to work on and restore to near as new condition as possible. Presently the car is in my garage stripped to the bare shell and is currently getting floor pan painted along with all the wishbones etc. Future plans are full respray, possible retrim, plating bolts and many other bits and bobs that need rectifying to get her to factory condition. I have to give a lot of credit to you all as your experience has been essential to dismateling her so as not to break parts etc. I may start a thread on the forum for fellow members to show all the progress that is happening as am keeping a photo diary of everything I am doing as I will be doing most of the work myself. Keep up all the good work you all do and I hope to become a more active member in the future. One day I hope to be finished her and enjoy the vtec but am In no hurry as that could be a few years away yet!!!!.

Chewy

Advanced Member
Welcome to the forum chap!

Your plans sound really impressive, would be interested to see more, Get some pics up ;)

Brophy

Advanced Member
Welcome along mate, always wanted to do something similar myself but use mines as my daily

Whereabouts are you from ? I'm near Glasgow airport area.

joiner

Advanced Member
Hi Chewy, the car i our bought is still on ebay 221587626953, I don't know how to post pics or links yet but will do my homework unless admin can do it for me. Don't be fooled by the pictures, the rear near side has had a knock just under the fuel cap and has bee shockingly repaired, bumper was broken under the rear light so a replacment was sourced. The drivers door had been replaced at one point!!! And the rear drivers quarter panel has been re sprayed for some reason!! But obviously all cosmetic as now it is stripped there is no structural damageThe worst bit was still to come, on removing the carpet I discovered rust!!! On the rear seam in rear passenger footwell at passenger side the screwdriver went right through. It turns out that this was caused by Hondas robot not applying the seam sealer on the joint, water has then entered the seam and hey presto 14 years later a hole. Other than that the car is very tidy under the bonnet etc and is a sound starting point for what I was planning. Will see about starting a log in the gallery section in the near future.

joiner

Advanced Member
Hi Brophy, I'm up half way between Dundee and Aberdeen, would Love to use it as a daily but the whole reason for this project is the fact that I was fed up trying to keep my every day car clean 2.4 Accord tourer, you know what like, 2 kids and a wife who is all to keen to play kerby with my 20" alloys so I decided enough was enough so the dc5 is my baby and it will get the garage to sleep in and will be reversed out, polished cleaned, dusted then driven back in again, NO kicked and scored sill trims, NO rubbed bolsters, scratched side skirts with shoes getting in and out. We all know what like it is, you treat her with pride and are gentle and careful and the next person couldn't give a hoot, what is it they say " it's only a car for God sake" if only they knew eh.