New timing chain kit for 2004 dc5 integra

hey guys i need to buy a new timing chain kit for my 2004 integra type r , is there any aftermarket ones that are better than the genuine or would the genuine be the way to go? thanks

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Genuine mate, order from Cox Motors or Steels Honda. Steels will give you forum discount, ask for Dave.

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Honda oem all the way, Toda do make one but I wouldn't bother just stuck to the oem ones. Any signs of wear on the guides it maybe be an idea to change them at the same time

ollydc5 said:
Honda oem all the way, Toda do make one but I wouldn't bother just stuck to the oem ones. Any signs of wear on the guides it maybe be an idea to change them at the same time
yea ill be buying the whole kit and do it all together

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
As Olly said, why are you changing it. Is there a fault as it's a liftetime part i.e it should never need changing.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Chris.Denardis said:
the chain got loose and it skipped tooth.

Know how you feel mate, same happened to me 2 years ago.

It'll cost you around £600 incl labour depending on where you get it done.

Took mine to Grinspeed in Leyland. Stevie ordered the parts in for me fair played.

ollydc5 said:
That's a fair reason lol
Ha ha! lol

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Chris.Denardis said:
labours not a problem for me i can do it myself :)

Heaven forbid this happens to my trusted K20 I know where to go for cheap labour lol

Phelpo711

Advanced Member
Burn Motorsport did me an amazing deal last year - I got the new chain, tensioner and pirated guides for about £250 - all genuine honda.

Only takes a few hours - just make sure you have a torque wrench between 12-24 NM.