New to Forum

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Hi all,

Finally able to post and join al the other enthusiasts out there. I am a Blue ITR DC5 owner from Edinburgh have owned it since november 2010 After selling my D16 CRX. Some of you may have seen me around deans/livingston area. I moved to Balerno in April and as far as I am aware I'm the only owner in the village (oooer).

I have owned/driven honda's of various sorts for around 10 years now. I have personaly owned 2 x CRX's, 91 Prelude (import), EF civic and this one. I have in the past driven my brother variety of cars also. This being things like the S2000 EK9, Odyssey, 3rd Gen civic, Delsol's, DC2, DB8, Preludesand probably more he has had so many.

So as you see I have had the Honda bug since I started driving but only got into modifying after leaving the Army and coming back to Scotland to live. My car has been take on off the road (End of road tax). Decided to take off until I decide what to do with it. Unfortunately (I think) I got a little bored and tool friendly yesterday so stripped off my front bumper, Rocker cover, Induction kit and lights. So now its in my garage looking a little sad. Ooops

Anyways I wont rattle on here I will start a Project thread when the time comes and the mod's roll in.

Any Q's feel free to ask.

DC5 in Artic Blue (Best colour)
All standard except:

AEM V2 Induction kit
Mugen Socks
Metallic Painted Rocker Cover
Anodized Purple Dome nuts
JVC KW-XR411 double DIN Stereo

Short term

Respray
Carbon Covers (plug and intake)
Decide on what bit to buy next

Got my eye on:

Exhaust- Fuji RM01A or BC Pro spec iii
Mugen front brace
New Alloys
New Headlights
Tein Suspension

After thoughts for now:

Poss ITB's Carbon Trumpets
K Pro'd

Rocker painted yesterday

Old engine bay shot

raz786

Advanced Member
Welcome mate, car looks great and nice job on the rocker cover! Have fun with it!

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Welcome mate, car looks great and nice job on the rocker cover! Have fun with it!
Its 70's Capri metallic purple velvet.

My Fiancee's favourite colour is purple hence the Dome nuts and rocker (painted myself 2 x coats and clear laquer) it was a boredom thing.

I sprayed the paint thinly over the original red and it looks quite warped in places giving a nice effect (will get it done professionally at some point as it's not Gordon Perfect, slight OCD).

She also as her eyes on purple radiator hoses brake lines basically she gets appearance and I get to do performance choices (she's is learning slowly but surely, her daily driver is an Abarth 500)

Any other suggestions welcome

larz

Advanced Member
Welcome along m8! Lovely teg. There's a great post on here about getting those headlights sorted, they're kinda letting the side down. lemme have a dig...

larz

Advanced Member
there's this post: http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20899-smokey-headlight/page__p__203390__hl__dull+headlights__fromsearch__1#entry203390 and there's this one: http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/17474-anyone-elses-headlights-fading/page__p__171692__hl__dull+headlights__fromsearch__1#entry171692

Hope they help m8!

think you have OCD? wait til you meet some of the looney bins on this forum!

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Cheers.

Pics are 6 month old so car is a little different now.

Iam sat having a cleaning bash at them now funny enough to see if i can salvage before I sand/replace