New to the club

Addc5r

Hi new here I'm currently looking at importing a dc5 I'm in East Sussex so any recommendations who to import with would be great

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
Addc5r said:
Hi new here I'm currently looking at importing a dc5 I'm in East Sussex so any recommendations who to import with would be great
Welcome to the forum mate. Quite a few good ones to contemplate. The usual good ones are

Torque GT
BHP Imports
JDM Fresh

I went for Torque GT and had no issues at all. Hope you get what you are looking for!

Addc5r

Hi mate thank you for the advice I'm ringing torque GT tommorow

i test drove a dc5 and a JDM ep3 on Friday it was awesome the dc5 felt better for me although coming from a uk ep3 the JDM ep3 was far better in my opinion then i took the dc5 out and just loved it in every way , that particular dc5 just wasn't what i was looking for although it was very nice just had a bit too much mileage for me

Hopefully I'll be able to import a decent dc5 i have 12k so that should be enough for a nice one hopefully with relatively low miles

Midnight

Advanced Member
£12,000 will certainly get you a very nice imported example.

I'd speak with Darren @ Torque GT, super helpful and they do find some excellent examples.

Addc5r

I've heard so many good things about torque GT so I'll be phoning them tommorow so i can have a chat , i was looking at buying one that's already imported but i chose to go down the personal import route it's a longer wait but it'll be worth it

I've never imported a car before so I'm a bit nervous but it should be fine

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
You will get a minter for 12k! That being said there are also some fantastic example already in the UK so try not to rule the UK market out completely:).

Also bear in mind the these are coming up to 15-17 years old so may have some small niggles. However with a budget so great you should be able to get a lovely 40 to 50k example

Addc5r

That's good to know , i just want a nice clean lowish mile well looked after dc5 i am looking to see whats about here in the UK so you never know i might find one here ,

I'll just make sure to take my time and be patient I'm sure the right one will turn up weather it's a fresh import or one that's already here

Most fresh imports seem to go for around 9-12 k from want i see ? I'm after a prefacelift i think they look a bit nicer than the facelift in my opinion however the facelift still looks nice

p1tse

Advanced Member
Good luck

Have a look in the gallery sections for ideas on enthusiast owned cars, some are very clean examples

I would still leave a budget for maintenance on a fresh import, bushes, clutch, gearbox etc.
Also most say they want them oem, but end up modding so set aside money there, for decent bolt on mods and geo set ups ;)

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
With £12k I'd be looking for an FD2.
It's all about what you want I guess. I'm personally not a fan of the styling of the FD2. Plus they seem to go for around 14-16k.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

nails

Advanced Member
Welcome xthumbup

I am in west sussex and torque gt are currently searching for me, I rejected a 2001 car with 63k miles on the clock because every single Honda and Integra badge on the car had been changed to Acura ones :xangry: . That is going to be a stock car so they may well offer it to you :xhappy: I think it is on a boat from Japan as we speak.

Midnight

Advanced Member
You rejected a nice low mileage example because of £200 worth of badges?

Personally we're getting those changed for brand new items, you could have had our original ones for free and you have yourself a nice clean car!

nails

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
You rejected a nice low mileage example because of £200 worth of badges?

Personally we're getting those changed for brand new items, you could have had our original ones for free and you have yourself a nice clean car!
Do you work for Torque GT?

Yes I rejected it. I now feel like I need to justify myself, so here you go.

Darren did explain to me that he would get the badges swapped. However, I was also unhappy that the bumper was protruding from the rear of the car on the passenger side, again, Darren was very helpful and said that his body-shop guys would try and improve it but there were no guarantees. I know some people will say they are all like it, but this is simply not the case, if you compare that picture to other DC5's they certainly don't all look like that. Finally, the passenger door alignment doesn't look right in the pictures, it seems to protrude from the rear of the car, I compared it to pictures of others from the same angle, and again, it doesn't look the same.

Please bear in mind, I have never imported a car before and I have never committed to buying a car without seeing it in the flesh and having a thorough test drive. I am very cautious when it comes to spending £10k of my hard earned on a car I only have pictures of, if there are things putting me off in the pictures I am not going to commit to it, simple as that.

The things in the pictures made me think, why did the owner change all the badges to Acura? Why badge it as a Type S when it is a Type R? Makes no sense what so ever. The bumper and door made me think it had been in an accident. It is quite possibly totally innocent, but when spending that much money I am not going to be taking any risks and there were too many things putting me off about this particular car.

Edit: Having re-read your response Midnight, I assume that you don't work for Torque GT but you have purchased the car I rejected. You are obviously going to stand by your purchase, and I stand by my reasons for rejecting it. To each his own :xhappy:

_BILLY_EK9_

Advanced Member
A few of my mates have used JDM fresh and had no problems. They normally get the dc5s over at there own cost and let you have a look test drive it and then make up your mind so no upfront costs to lay out. I'm sure one of my mates didn't even have to pay a deposit.

Plus they are about half the distance to you then the other importers mention above, so that would sway me haha

Midnight

Advanced Member
Wow, that time of the month?

No I don't work for Torque GT. I also dot expect a brand new car either.

Couldn't really be bothered to read the rest of your rambling on.

nails

Advanced Member
Midnight said:
Wow, that time of the month?

No I don't work for Torque GT. I also dot expect a brand new car either.

Couldn't really be bothered to read the rest of your rambling on.
You wrote "Personally we're getting those changed for brand new items"

So who are "we"?

For £10k I don't expect miss-aligned panel gaps and bumpers, incorrect badges, kerbed alloys etc. No they are not brand new but it is still 10 grand!

Like I said, to each their own, so no need to go in with snide comments like "time of the month".

Midnight

Advanced Member
I was basically offering you the OEM Honda badges that we (myself and brother) are replacing for brand new OEM badges. So the 'acura' badge problem wouldn't of been a problem for you...

While £10,000 IS a lot of money you have to consider the type of car these are. Against other imports £10,000 is at the lower end of the scale also.

I think wheels not being brand new or not 100% are to be expected along with a few cosmetic bits. After all would you expect to pull up to a Ford Modeo 15 years old and it to be like brand new? Being an import makes no difference just that the better importers prep the car better.

Anyway, I feel we are going off the OP topic.