New to this site

stux

Advanced Member
Hello Everybody, :wink:

My name is Stuart and I live in Chingford (London / Essex border). I've just signed up to this site and thought i'd best say hello. 8-[

My car is a 2001 Facelift Honda Accord Type R in Satin Silver. I purchased it as a standard car in Early 2008 for £4600 after selling my motorbike.

Since taking ownership of the car, I have added 34,000 miles, have taken it on track 3 or 4 times and visited Santa Pod about half a dozen times... :-k

I have spent in excess of £5000 on renewing/upgrading consumables & modifying the car to a point where it has become an absolute joy to drive with underbracing, coilovers, 4.64 final drive, full exhaust etc....

I very much like DC5's but don't have the money at the moment to even consider buying one without getting into debt.... :xcry:

I hope to see some of you nice people out and about. Give me a wave if you see me. :xyes:

Edy

Advanced Member
Welcome Buddy,

I'm a fan of the ATR, great cars..Always wanted a Red one but never did, However I did end up with a FD2 which has the 'Phwooar door' appeal !!

See what I done there '4 door' :lol:

Anyway I'll get my coat :-"

stux

Advanced Member
I have some Team Dynamics Lightweight wheels for sale, which will fit a DC5. Can i put them in the for sale section? :xyes:

stux

Advanced Member
blueguy said:
Welcome Stuart, post up some pics :)
:)

I'm in the process of buying some black lightweight wheels and fitting some 225/45/17 Michelin Pilot Sports 2 tyres. :wink:

KierAn20

Seen your ATR at a couple of london meets quite a while back, cant remember what exhaust system you had just got fitted but it sounded awesome :D

IIRC you're also a good friend of the guy who bought my old 2002 NHB ATR, Tim (mremerica).

Welcome buddy :)

stux

Advanced Member
KierAn20 said:
IIRC you're also a good friend of the guy who bought my old 2002 NHB ATR, Tim (mremerica).
Hi (Enigma?). :xwave: I've recently added a long silencer to the exhaust system, as it was too loud on overrun with just 1 silencer. #-o

He sold it on for about £3300 recently and bought a white DC2. :xhuh:

stux

Advanced Member
Stoo said:
stux said:
Am i to assume this is MilanoChris?
no mate, not chris. but about 4 of the guys on there have sold up their accords and bought dc2s. :wink:

KierAn20

stux said:
KierAn20 said:
Hi (Enigma?). :xwave: I've recently added a long silencer to the exhaust system, as it was too loud on overrun with just 1 silencer. #-o

Pretty sure he didnt make much of a loss on it then, my memory's not good but I think thats roughly what he bought it from me for.

Nearly bought a DC2 myself instead of the DC5 a couple of years back. Glad I went for the latter in the end - one of my very rare good decisions :green:

I was lucky enough to have both an ATR and a DC5 (both 2002) on my drive for some time, two very able yet VERY different cars to drive :xyes:

I still miss the completely planted back end that the ATR has (compared to my teg) from time to time! :lol:

stux

Advanced Member
KierAn20 said:
stux said:
KierAn20 said:

Pretty sure he didnt make much of a loss on it then, my memory's not good but I think thats roughly what he bought it from me for.

Nearly bought a DC2 myself instead of the DC5 a couple of years back. Glad I went for the latter in the end - one of my very rare good decisions :green:
I was lucky enough to have both an ATR and a DC5 (both 2002) on my drive for some time, two very able yet VERY different cars to drive :xyes:

I still miss the completely planted back end that the ATR has (compared to my teg) from time to time! :lol:
I hear that comment a lot, that the back end feels a little more planted. :-k

Yeah, Tim bought at the right time. ATR's (post models) used to fetch £4500-£5000 in early 2008, then the price dropped like a stone in late 2008/early 2009 and the nighthawk black models started selling at well under £4000..... #-o

I thought your old car was a bit of a bargain at the time. :xyes: